2 ohm 6.5 midrange

I'm looking for 2 ohm 6.5 inch midrange speakers for my vehicle. I have found one by DD audio VO-M6.5b and one by DS18 Pro-SM6.2. Does anyone have any experience with these. Just wondering which is the better midrange

Personally, not a fan of pro-style units like the DD audio VO-M6.5b or that DS18 as they really are better suited for midrange (not midbass) duty that are really designed for loudness not accuracy. That CDT Audio HD-6KCV is a great driver for midbass applications. If you need that pro-audio level of loud with good sound, check out these:

Exceptional driver for use in the 70 Hz to 4 khz frequency band, very efficient, very well made, not your average cookie cutter driver.

Last edited:
Also not a fan of pro audio midbasses in car audio, unless loudness is of utmost importance. Not enough xmax/bass + the drivers suffer from break up, which just makes the car audio environment even tougher to deal with.

Hello and good day so I've had alot of great success with steg / audio system speakers . I have listened and installed steg and audio system italy speakers. I would definitely recommend them as well as there amplifiers. They sound amazing. Very detailed and warm . For the price to performance it's amazing. Let me know if I can help u get any of these speakers or amplifiers. Have a great day.

I'm looking for 2 ohm 6.5 inch midrange speakers for my vehicle. I have found one by DD audio VO-M6.5b and one by DS18 Pro-SM6.2. Does anyone have any experience with these. Just wondering which is the better midrange

Have no experience with those, but do have with DD 5.25 Mids @4 Ohms. Great quality made speakers. For 6.5s, Id check to see what CDT has this month on Sale. I love all My CDT speakers. I do not care for the CL series, but the rest are very nice. HD series or Euro S. are my favorites

Have no experience with those, but do have with DD 5.25 Mids @4 Ohms. Great quality made speakers. For 6.5s, Id check to see what CDT has this month on Sale. I love all My CDT speakers. I do not care for the CL series, but the rest are very nice. HD series or Euro S. are my favorites

Attachments

• 20220709_163755 (4).jpg
    20220709_163755 (4).jpg
    707.3 KB · Views: 19
I know what you're trying to do, you want to add 2 6.5s and one tweeter per door. This just isn't the best way to do it. So what about the 4 ohm tweeters? Are you really going to send twice the power to the tweeters you don't have then what you're going to send to the mids?

You also need an amp that will do twice the power. The better way to do what you want is to either get a 6ch amp, or even better is to just get a second set of tweeters, and make two sets of components. You're really limiting yourself on options because you want to wire two 6.5s in series. Honestly, there's several better ways to do this, and I question whether you have planned this all through. Which I would suggest before you start buying equipment.

Last edited:
I would wait and sit down and do your planning and put it on paper and wait until the Christmas Sales. Then look for what is going to work within your budget, and incorporated within the system

I would wait and sit down and do your planning and put it on paper and wait until the Christmas Sales. Then look for what is going to work within your budget, and incorporated within the system
This is what I usually do before I put my main gear in. For my temp setups, Ill thrown in what I have close by out of my stash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...