Review on the Pioneer Premier TSD-720c's.

dude don't put x over in door cause it'll rusted.. i had bad experience with xovver in doors, if u can , please put it inside thecar
Umm, it has a plastic casing over them, plus the plastic lining over them. I highly doubt they will rust.

This is my 3rd set of componets in this car and never had them rust, nor get wet or anything.

I also most of the time put my crossovers in my doors and not once have I had a problem in any of my cars and have had over 30 vehichles in my lifetime and about 20 of them I have had componets in them, lol!

Thanks for the concern though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Hey nice comps. I was gonna get these but decided to go with some c5-650s. These sounded really great in my local car shop. Enjoy!

Here's a quick review of my Pioneer TS-D1720C (non-Premiere set). I finally got my amp hooked up to them, but I am having some electrical problems in my car and my HU is cutting out on me. This is based on a quick 10 minute listen with minimal settings adjusted.

In comparing to the Phoneix Gold RSD's, these Pioneers don't have as much midbass, but they seem to sound more accurate or tighter. The Pio tweets seems transparent compared to the RSDs, but like I said, I only listened to them briefly and didn't really tweak very many settings on my HU.

I will write a full review once I get my HU issues resolved and I get to hear them more.

Here's a quick review of my Pioneer TS-D1720C (non-Premiere set). I finally got my amp hooked up to them, but I am having some electrical problems in my car and my HU is cutting out on me. This is based on a quick 10 minute listen with minimal settings adjusted.
In comparing to the Phoneix Gold RSD's, these Pioneers don't have as much midbass, but they seem to sound more accurate or tighter. The Pio tweets seems transparent compared to the RSDs, but like I said, I only listened to them briefly and didn't really tweak very many settings on my HU.

I will write a full review once I get my HU issues resolved and I get to hear them more.
I never had my doors deadened when I had my RSD's in there, but people raved about the midbass through them without deadened doors and honestly was dissappointed some with the midbass, but enjoyed the tweeter for the most part. The midbass was my problem with the RSD set and actually were the harshness was coming from when I would jam on them. I don' t get that with these.

I will admit the tweet seems to be getting softer. I don't know if I have gotten used to it or what, but will have to check my settings on the passive crossover to see where I set it, because honestly I can't remember, lol! Also the crossover in my amp blows! Can't wait to hook up the 3-way external.

Let me know when you get everything tunned right and how you like them. I am still messing with mine myself. Have some subs and bass amp coming in soon, so hopefully I can get it all to sound good together.

Are there any differences between the TS-D1720C and TSD-720c models?
Don't quote me on this, as I cannot remember, but I believe the 1720 set is the older set.

Well I ended up getting a little bit more to the system, well it is actually complete now, even though I shouldn't have.

I will make my build log thread, which I have one of my deadening, so will add to that, so will be in the build log thread later today.

Just wanted to say, I hooked up my el cheapo 3-Way X-Over up and IMO as of now, external pwns internal crossover in my amp. I thought these speakers sounded good before, now I am just blowin' away! They are so crisp and clear, when I already thought they were crisp and clear. Adding the external crossover has brought these even more to life. Deffintley one of my favorite componets so far......................and the price is the best thing. I would take these over my focals or MBQuart Q's from back in the day and I paid well over 300 bucks for the Q's and over 4 for the focals and that was years ago, lol! No more!

I am telling you guys, these things are a steal for the price. Maybe it is because my doors are deadened pretty good, although I need to add the roof flashing over the holes, but man I am in pure heaven with these. I believe the tweeter is what came alive the most with adding the external crossover, which was decent, but very laid back. Well since adding the subs, I was skeptical I would hear them much, well don't have to worry about that, very accurate and detailed while still not getting harsh. One word for the set and price...........PERFECT!

Did you experiment with tweeter placement at all? I see you drive a Focus, and I'm looking for ideas on where to put the tweet when I install my new components. Currently I have a 5.25" set, so I made a 5x7 trim ring and have the woofer and tweet together. When I upgrade my components, I'm going with 6.5's so I will need to find a new place for the tweets...

so you're running them active now? is that what you're saying?
No, still passive. Just using a 3-way crossover instead of the crossover in the amp. The crossover in my Clarion amp blows chunks for some reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Did you experiment with tweeter placement at all? I see you drive a Focus, and I'm looking for ideas on where to put the tweet when I install my new components. Currently I have a 5.25" set, so I made a 5x7 trim ring and have the woofer and tweet together. When I upgrade my components, I'm going with 6.5's so I will need to find a new place for the tweets...
There isn't much you can do really. I used to have my old set of tweets in with the mid as well in my 6.5" set and it fit, so really shouldn't have a problem with doing the same thing, unless the mid is pretty beefy like my new Pioneers are. I ended up just flushing them in the door and believe it or not, sound really good where they are at.

I would to have either put them in the sail panels or the A-Pillars, but my side window controls are there in the sail panel on driver side and the A-pillar would take a lot of work to get right and don't have that kind of time. If you do though, that is what I suggest, is the tweet in the A-pillar, however my tweets are huge, so that also played into me not going that route.

Good luck!

I'm going to be in the same boat as you are, as I plan on picking up some nice components that I am sure will be beefy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I may try the same spot you picked.....or if I'm feelin like it go for the A-pillars and some fiberglass

i have a pair of TSD-720C's on the way at the moment, i'll make sure to drop a line in this thread after i give em a nice testing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.