Are components much better than this?

blazergt
10+ year member

Unfortunately I didn't do to much research before getting my first set of speakers..I got Alpine SPR-17C's for the front (They sound great)

Alpine SPR-17C

6-3/4" 2-way car speakers

Hybrid layered-pulp woofer with rubber surround

1" swiveling silk ring-dome tweeter

2-100 watts RMS power range

I was wondering if a set of components would sound much better than this? I am running them from an alpine head unit but might be getting an amp for my speakers later...

an amp will bring even coaxials to life, defiantely a noticeable difference, if you are concerned with a more accurate sound stage then yes, components can make a big difference.

I would get an amp on them first before switching speakers. Then if they still aren't enough I would consider something new. There is much better out there...but it costs $$$

Thats what i was thinking...I do want an amp for them. Will 75watts be enough for these?

I have these in the front

Alpine SPR-17C

and these in the back

Alpine SPS-500

Type-S 5-1/4" 2-way car speakers IN STOCK

polypropylene-mica woofer cone with air-injected rubber surround

3/4" silk dome tweeter

2-55 watts RMS power range

buying the amp is the smart way to go first cause then if you like it you dont have to spend anymore cash. but then if you dont you go ahead and buy the comps which you woulda needed the amp for anyways.

it will be the difference between night and day between amp/no amp

Just get an amp, even if its just 50 rms x 2 it will be incredibly better than going off the HU. The difference is like going from freeairing a sub to a perfectly built box, seriously.

lol ok you guys convinced me...I will start looking for one. How are Profile amps? any good? I was looking at this one

Profile AP1040

4-channel car amplifier 80 watts RMS x 4 IN STOCK

225 watts RMS x 2 bridged

variable high-/low-pass filters

variable bass/treble boosts

I installed an OLD MTX 240 to run my fronts and had it powering the stock speakers and it was a HUGE difference, night/day. It's only rated at 20rms per channel but the birthsheet says around 49 if I remember correctly.

I think for the price they are probably ok, but you can get a Cadence cheap off ebay or a Phoenix Gold as well for the same price if you are on a tight budget.

I was thinking about ebay to...That way i can get a better amp for the money i have. Do you guys think that as long as the seller has a lot of really good feedback that getting a used amp would be ok?

I haven't done nearly as much business on this forum as many of the members but I can be a poster child for buying used off of here. Everything you see in my sig other than the subs I have purchased used off this forum. Just do your research on the person you are buying from and you should be pretty good. Also maybe finding an amp you really like that you think is in your budget and then posting in the WTB section might prove to work in your benefit. Sometimes there are people sitting on equipment that they don't use but haven't posted for sale.

Oh and as for Profile amps, they are generally considered good budget amps, a little bit over rated and not the best but when looking for something on a budget they are pretty solid. I had a AP2000 that I ran for about a year and it worked good and never gave me any issues. Also I had bought it used on here only a few months old came with everything wrapped up as if factory new and I sold it on here when I was done using it.

what would get you better results is telling us how much you want to spend on the amp, and the speakers youll be amping.

youd be shocked at the quality equip you can get for very little when checking out our classifieds.

I have these in the front

Alpine SPR-17C

and these in the back

Alpine SPS-500

Type-S 5-1/4" 2-way car speakers IN STOCK

polypropylene-mica woofer cone with air-injected rubber surround

3/4" silk dome tweeter

2-55 watts RMS power range

I dont really want to spend more than 200...maybe 250

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.