Review my system please

Participant count
  • Participant list

roop
10+ year member

MN
Ok, well I think I have this thing spec'd out. I just wanted to run if by you guys before I pull the trigger. Background, I don't need anything amazing, just better than what I have. I have an older pioneer HU (3 years old maybe, does mp3s and stuff so its not to shabby) and all the wires run to my trunk already.

I want to upgrade the front speakers, delete the rears, and put a sub in the trunk. This is what I am thinking:

RE SR12 sub

PG rsd65cs fronts

Cadence TXA-6004 amp

I am a little worried about the power of the amp. Maybe someone can clear this up for me. I was looking to bridge 2 channels to run the sub, and leave the other 2 channels for the front speakers. If I bridge 2 channels, I can get 600w at 2ohm correct? That should be enough for the sub, its 600RMS. That then leaves 2 300w channels for the fronts correct? Can the rsd65cs run at 2 ohms? Or can I bridge 2 channels at 2 ohms and leave the other 2 at 4ohms?

Thanks for the help guys!

2 channels bridged = 600 W @ 4 ohms. That amp will not run at 2 ohms bridged. As far as I know the RSD 6.5s are available in a 4 ohm impedance only.

To run that setup, you hook the components up to the two channels and they will get 150W RMS (more than enough for those), then you need a sub that will run at a 4 ohm load (so single 4 ohm voice coil or dual 2 ohm voice coil etc).

It is the speakers connected to the amp that determine the impedance (ohms). You can run channels at different loads, but the amp must be stable at the load you are running. Most 2 and 4 channel amps are only stable to 2 ohms in stereo mode (not bridged) and 4 ohms bridged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.