REVIEW: 9887 vs. 880prs vs. CD7100

ok i found out what was going on. luckily someone on another forum had the same headunit and knew how to get the bass, mid and treble options.

to get the bass, mid, and treble settings, you have to adjust between the 4 way SP layout and 3 way. i guess from the factory it is setup as 4 way. the issue here (which was another issue i couldnt figure out until i spoke to the person on the other forum), is that you have to actually press and hold enter on the selection you want, and wait about 5-7 seconds. it will then ask "OK?" and you press enter again to confirm the 3way selection. now you will have the bass, mid and treble options.

btw: the manual does not tell you that it has to be on 3way layout to get those options //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

ok i found out what was going on. luckily someone on another forum had the same headunit and knew how to get the bass, mid and treble options.
to get the bass, mid, and treble settings, you have to adjust between the 4 way SP layout and 3 way. i guess from the factory it is setup as 4 way. the issue here (which was another issue i couldnt figure out until i spoke to the person on the other forum), is that you have to actually press and hold enter on the selection you want, and wait about 5-7 seconds. it will then ask "OK?" and you press enter again to confirm the 3way selection. now you will have the bass, mid and treble options.

btw: the manual does not tell you that it has to be on 3way layout to get those options //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
But then once you do that you're running active....

What about the X991?
Nope, it doesn't.

So you took out your crossovers and have a 4 channel running your tweets and mids? Good stuff man.
yeah thats what i ended up doing. i didnt plan on it at first and thought eventually i would go active but after realizing this and testing both setups to see which sounded better, it was clear that going active really made a difference so i stuck with that. also kind of helped since i didnt really have anywhere to mount the crossovers lol

I think the Auto EQ on the 880 PRS *****, What does everyone else think?
i'd imagine it depends on the vehicle. it doesnt sound too terrible in my explorer, but i still made some adjustments from where it put it.

i'd imagine it depends on the vehicle. it doesnt sound too terrible in my explorer, but i still made some adjustments from where it put it.
I havnt had tooo much time to mess with it, but from what I have heard from it...just not for me.

Also on the auto time alignment...it picked up distances VERY inacurate. It was saying my driver side mid was almost like 4 or 5 feet away from me in my civic.

Im just going to enter the values in myself.

The thing with the auto eq is that it's trying to create a flat response, the only way to achieve that is by bring the sub bass that most of us are used to way down, this is natural and should occur, but I gaurantee the majority of people on the forums does not have anywhere near a flat curve from their system.

First off, first post here!

I'm buying a HU shortly and am interested in either the 9887 or the 800prs. Although decent SQ is my main goal, which HU has the best/easiest to use, USB interface if I wanted to use a thumbdrive once in a while?

800prs ***** with usb. 9887 requires an adapter to work with USB, I never got it, so I can't comment on that one.

This thread has really been useful for me since I'm trying to decide between Alpine's 9887 and Pioneer's PRS880. I got some questions regarding them both that I would really appreciate if you guys can help me clarify:

1) My car audio system will consist of two subs, four 3-way speakers, a pair of mids and a pair of tweeters (including the 3 amps to power all of them). Are both of those HUs compatible with all those pieces? (in other words, do they have the necessary connectors to all those pieces?)

2) Can they detect all those pieces so as to be able to fully automatically equalize all those components?

3) USB connection is important for me. Which of those units can correctly reproduce songs from a flash drive by whatever means? It might be an USB adapter or anything, but it must be able to accept USB connections. Can those HUs do this?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.