RetroAudioInc .::. Got my new whip today... T-Bird

I have a mercury grand marquis but Im afraid the trunk is different

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/GearGuy2001/caraudio/suboxalmostdone031.jpg

If thats what it looks like I can give you alot of help, if not well not so much.

On the grand marquis I removed the rear speakers and gained alot that way. To make up for it I setup a pretty decent front stage, ID CTX65CS off 140w rms.

If that helped at all or you have anymore questions PM me and Ill try to help, also I have the same engine so if you want help with performance mods I can help just pm me.

Those 4.6 modular engines are very reliable, almost too reliable. I have a 2002 Mustang GT with almost 100k of VERY hard miles on the clock. I've been wanting to get a forged shortbock so I can get my Kenne Bell supercharger, but my engine just refuses to die. This is coming from someone that was WELCOMING a catastrophic failure because I don't want to have to replace a good shortblock, but I also don't want to do the S\C install and then have to take it all out again to replace the stock shortblock when it lets loose. I've even did a 200 shot with NO TIMING retard and it took like six bottles. I gave up, but had a great time trying....LOL

If you have 150k on the engine, you should be good to go. My friend had a 4.6 t-bird with 290k on the clock when he sold it. Replaced just about the ENTIRE care in parts (it's a Ford you better get used to it), but barely touched the engine ;-)

BTW I love those tweeters I bought from you. Thanks again!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Those 4.6 modular engines are very reliable, almost too reliable. I have a 2002 Mustang GT with almost 100k of VERY hard miles on the clock. I've been wanting to get a forged shortbock so I can get my Kenne Bell supercharger, but my engine just refuses to die. This is coming from someone that was WELCOMING a catastrophic failure because I don't want to have to replace a good shortblock, but I also don't want to do the S\C install and then have to take it all out again to replace the stock shortblock when it lets loose. I've even did a 200 shot with NO TIMING retard and it took like six bottles. I gave up, but had a great time trying....LOLIf you have 150k on the engine, you should be good to go. My friend had a 4.6 t-bird with 290k on the clock when he sold it. Replaced just about the ENTIRE car in parts (it's a Ford you better get used to it), but barely touched the engine ;-)

BTW I love those tweeters I bought from you. Thanks again!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
**** sealed Ball joints, just sealed suspension, steering, u joints in general *****

At least now I have nice grease able zircs, but moog isn't cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Im in , i have a 95 tbird 4.6 , looking for ideas as well, dood there is a site with a **** load of bolt ons for 4.6 , i bet i can get mine into the 12's easily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok I am slacking on the pics been a bit busy as of late... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I did get started today, got about 70' of fatmat in trunk today, went back out to take pics and it's fing dark again.. grrrr..... So I will be sure to get some pics tomorrow AM before I start this time.

Fatmat turned out good, 2 layers almost the full trunk bottom, sides back and trunk lid... Man that **** is a lot of work..

I am going to do some more tomorrow, fill the trunk lid with great stuff to keep it from moving more and then finish the fatmat on the lid... I still have about 30' of it left. I am ordering some spray deadner from second skin this week to use on floor, doors etc on inside then 2 layers of deander on top of all of that..

I should have spray and deadner and fatmat done by next weekend maybe before....

I am going with all tru amps for my setup.. It also seems I have 6 spots for 6.5's in this car so thats sweet, 2 front, 2 next to back seats, 2 in trunk lid ( I like to hear the words so this is a step up for me in stock room from my truck.. HAPPY.. )

TO DO TOMORROW

1. Take pics.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2. Check and finish trunk.

3. Fix batter wire so it's no longer lose and I can start the car easier.. lol

4. Clean up a bit..

5. pull all factor wireing and head unit out.

6. pull doors and clean them and check them..

7. Pull rear speakers and all plastic..

Ok I want to get some feed back on this.

SHOULD I PULL ALL SEATS AND CARPET AND PUT DEADNER DOWN OR JUST SPAY IT ON THE BOTTOM OF CAR OR DO BOTH??

I am looking for quite and solid.. No extra nose, hood and firewall should also get done.. Never tried the stuff on just the outside but second skin says it helps 300% but not sure if they mean plus out side or only outside.. If only outside that helps a LOT not having to pull everything out I hate doing that and carpet but it would make it easier running wire so it's a toss up..

Oh I am getting there...
I dont see any pictures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Also I would leave the 6.5s out of the trunk lid, depending on if you keep the sub a true "trunk setup" if you leave the speakers out its an extra hole to get air into the cabin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RetroAudioinc

5,000+ posts
Custom Car Audio Decals
RetroAudioinc
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date