Replacing stock starter battery, preference?

Which would you choose to replace starter battery?

• Optima

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Kinetik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deka

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • XS Power

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Stinger

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

psych0ticnemes1
5,000+ posts

Psych0tic Customs
Behind You
I've heard a lot of talk about Optima, XS power, Deka, Kinetik, Stinger, etc.

Does it just come down to preference or do you genuinely feel one is better than the other?

I'm only running 2k now, but plan to move up in the future. I'd like to get the biggest battery I can fit in the stock location to start. I've done the big 3. Alternator upgrade will come eventually.

Thanks for your opinions guys.

-Psych0

I've heard a lot of talk about Optima, XS power, Deka, Kinetik, Stinger, etc.
Does it just come down to preference or do you genuinely feel one is better than the other?

I'm only running 2k now, but plan to move up in the future. I'd like to get the biggest battery I can fit in the stock location to start. I've done the big 3. Alternator upgrade will come eventually.

Thanks for your opinions guys.

-Psych0
Duracell agm from sams ..same thing as deka 115 bucks ..its all i run they are awesome /thread

Whichever you can get the cheapest, unless you are chasing tenths, u will not notice a difference if all the batts are new and working as they should

Whichever you can get the cheapest, unless you are chasing tenths, u will not notice a difference if all the batts are new and working as they should
Thanks. I'm hoping to see a vast improvement over this 6 year old stock battery. I am going to be competing with whatever I buy.

not true boomsday ,i have a d 3100 , batcap 4000 ,both new and a used odyssey pc2150 ,and the odyssey gave me larger numbers than both new batts .same system ,just swapped batts and metered on the termlab sealed

not true boomsday ,i have a d 3100 , batcap 4000 ,both new and a used odyssey pc2150 ,and the odyssey gave me larger numbers than both new batts .same system ,just swapped batts and metered on the termlab sealed
Like I said if your not chasing tenths or if you do not meter it just daily bumping you will not notice a difference, I bet it sounded the same to the ear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Like I said if your not chasing tenths or if you do not meter it just daily bumping you will not notice a difference, I bet it sounded the same to the ear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
only between the batcap and odyssey.the d3100 was 5/10th quieter and i could tell

only between the batcap and odyssey.the d3100 was 5/10th quieter and i could tell
My friend if can tell the dif in .5 then you have some of the best ears i have ever heard of...

and again chasing tenths. between the 3 there was only .5 diffrence not nearly enought to justify spending alot more on a battery

like i said the odyssey batt was used ,so it cost less than the battcap or d3100 which were new .better to say i could feel the difference more than hear it .especially on the bass notes ,the deep ones that is .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...