Replacing 12 inch XFL

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 9, 2018
Hi guys new to forum.  I'm looking for s good quality subwoofer to replace my American bass xfl.  I have a nvx jad1200.1 running at 1 ohm.  I'm looking at a DC level 3 or 4, also Skar vfx and a zvx. I was also told the sundown u series was a great upgrade.  I listen to a lot of different styles of music.  I want it to be lound but also have punchy bass. It's going in s jeep grand Cherokee in a custom made birch box.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks for the help.

shredder2

Oldmang
Nov 19, 2017
Az
What happened to the XFL if I might inquire?.. nice sub if installed correctly IMO.

Are you just looking for more?

A 1200 watt amp is kinda anemic for some of the subs listed IMHO.

All you might need is a new enclosure... whats the current box like?

OP
J

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 9, 2018
What happened to the XFL if I might inquire?.. nice sub if installed correctly IMO.

All you might need is a new enclosure... whats the current box like?

OP
J

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 9, 2018
Thanks for reply.  Nothing wrong with sub looking for something more.  My custom box has not shipped yet.  

OP
J

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 9, 2018

All you might need is a new enclosure... whats the current box.  

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 9, 2018
I have seen a few videos of my amp dyno.  It's around 1400 rms certified and 1600 dynamic.  It's a nvx jad1200.1

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
So you had a box made specifically for the  xfl and haven't even tried it yet but you know you want something more?

OP
J

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 9, 2018
I hear something coming from the box or sub.  My buddy has the same setup as I do custom box and all.  He installed the sub in custom box made same noise as mine.  Found out sub was bad.  He replaced it with a resilient sounds platinum 12.  Its sounds great.  That's why I'm looking at different subs.

shredder2

Oldmang
Nov 19, 2017
Az
A custom made box is usually for a specific sub... which box are you ordering anyways... got a link?

OP
J

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 9, 2018
Ya. Customboxshop.com  my buddies is gorgeous. Ballistic birch, 34 hz 2 kerfs dark stain high gloss.  They are in Lima Ohio 

shredder2

Oldmang
Nov 19, 2017
Az
 2 kerfs dark stain high gloss.  
That ^^^^ is aesthetics... won't really affect performance in my experience.

If you don't supply the volumes & port area... who knows what'll work well... I'd ask them unless you want a generic recommendation.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Id try the sub in the new custom enclosure with the power you have on tap. Those subs like a little more power and generally are pretty brute subs/hard to blow.Some of my favorite go to subs. I have ran 10s and 12s and never had anything bad to say about them nor any bad experiences to date, I still run them from time to time.Great subs for the money, especially if you give them the power they need as well as a properly tuned enclosure

• Thanks
Reactions: shredder2

TheFiverMan

:)
10+ year member
May 9, 2007
Louisville,ky
not sure what more you are looking for XFL is a great subwoofer for the money and they get down in the right box. I have 2 in 4cf tuned at 35hz taking 3k no problem. Perfect all around daily subwoofer if you ask me

• Thanks
Reactions: shredder2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds