Replace my current head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
For What vehicle? Wanting a single din or upgrade to Double Din?Or what are all the features you looking to wanting and what are your intensions of the new head units needs within the system

I'm looking for a double din. It's mostly for listening to HipHop and R&B. I've upgraded every other part of my system and I feel as though it's time for the head unit to take a step up as well. For 2013 single cab tocoma

Head unit - pioneer 280bt

Highs - (2) Oncore C65

Sub - (4) sundown X6.5

Highs Amp - Avionxxx CXA 640

Sub amp - SounDigital 3000.1D evo

I'm looking for a double din. It's mostly for listening to HipHop and R&B. I've upgraded every other part of my system and I feel as though it's time for the head unit to take a step up as well. For 2013 single cab tocoma
Head unit - pioneer 280bt

Highs - (2) Oncore C65

Sub - (4) sundown X6.5

Highs Amp - Avionxxx CXA 640

Sub amp - SounDigital 3000.1D evo
Man Ive always liked that 4 ch amp.Never had the chance to run one.Ive heard nothing but great things about it.The last DD HU I put inwas made by Kenwood and it did quite well for the owner of a 2015 Ford double cab.Clarions were pretty good too and I believe there was an Eclipse that was rated pretty decent for its features. Id say do some research,write down the features you are looking at/needing and get the best bang for the buck.I havent kept up with DD hu for a couple years. I do know buying from Sonic Electronics you get a dash kit and wiring harness included with the purchase.So many HU out there that have been really stepping up the past couple years, that its hard not to get a good deal.Id at least try get one with 3 sets of 4v RCAs out min if you can swing the price

Just keep in mind that Pioneer still has the Pico fuse,and remember not to Hot swapp any speaker wiring or RCAs or any wiring while in operation,as you take a chance of blowing that fuse and get some really nasty noises and static noises/ect, of which you will need send that HU in and get that repaired.Just leave the vehicle OFF/HU Off while making any changes with the system before firing it back up.I dont know if they have ever fixed this issue up to date or not??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.