Replace AudioControl Xover or New Headunit????

Participant count
  • Participant list

mistert
10+ year member

I started having issues with my 4 channel amp (JL Audio 300/4) and noticed that one side is louder than the other. After troubleshooting, the problem is resolved if I push on the RCA outputs in the AudioControl 2xs. I could try to take it apart and solder the connection of the RCA that is troublesome. My headunit has only 1 set of RCA outputs so I need the crossover to seperate the highs/lows so I can run the JL 300/4 to the front/rear speakers and a Kicker 750.1 to the 12" subwoofer.

If soldering doesn't resove the issue, should I replace the xover with a new one or should I just pay a little extra and get a nicer headunit with 3 outputs (FR/Rear/Sub) outputs that have 4 or 5 volt outputs and run it directly to the amps and use the amps' built-in xovers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.