renault laguna sondsystem

i do not care if it is 50% efecient if it gets me the clean power i want/need is ok, its not important to me that the amp said 1350 rms at 2 ohms and only pout out 600rms the important part for me is that i need 400 rms and the amp gets me 400 rms of clean power
But you ARE NOT getting anything close to 400 watts rms. I know that you checked the voltage at 28 volts and the math says that is 400 watts. But what you didn’t account for was something called ‘subwoofer impedance rise’ (google it ). You have no idea what the actual impedance of the subwoofers was when you got the 28 volt reading.

The answers that you are getting from everyone here is not us bashing you for having a off brand amplifier. Most of us started out with similar equipment and have learned better. We are just trying to keep you from making costly mistakes.

You also have to know the amperage to get the wattage. Voltage alone tells you nothing.

The reason you haven’t blown the woofers is simple. Even clipped it’s not enough power.

If you are happy then just be happy.

my sound system at the moment is this:
head unit

pioneer avh1400dvd

avh-1400dvd_uw_ew_green_left.jpg

speakers (looking for upgrade)

4 alpine type g 5-1/4" (13cm) 200w max 50 rms

8c1189b1f0cd0e43c7228054b83a79b7.jpg

speakers amp

power stryke ps1200 4x300w max (i think around 4x120 rms)

211980.jpg

subs

2x pioneer ts-w308d2 (dvc 2 ohms)

1400w max 400rms

615e6dd8-6a80-4307-9055-990434d9e9de_1.76fca5e966b3e1a780b5002076b5ca4c.jpeg

sub amp

boss onyx mx1800.1

1800 W MAX Power 1 Channel

1350 W X 1 RMS 2 ohm

675 W X 1 RMS 4 ohm

Class A/B

thumb.php

the box and all the instal was made by me

tha box is a single box split at the midle

16mm mdf glooed and screwed

silicone sealed inside and 2 layers of bedliner

around 1.9 cubic feat (53litres) each chamber

ported box 2 dls bp110 flared

tune to around 34hz

durins instal

IMG-20170402-_WA0001.jpg

finish amp instal

IMG-20170406-_WA0001.jpg

subs

IMG-20170406-_WA0000.jpg
great job man. it looks awesome.

do u understood what i was trying to say? i was saying that will check the max power just out of curiosity, just to see how much it can made, i do not say clean power, i do not run pass clipping...
what i will do is test max power even after cliping cuz i will do this with subs disconected, after that i check power "at" clipping by ear whit that 50hz tone ant set my gan acording to clipping and output power to subs rms

at the moment im under clipping at 28v thats around 400 watts so is not that bad i think
what part of your amp only does 50-100 ACTUAL watts do you not understand? When you force your amp to do 400 watts, you are clipping. What part of BOSS always lies on their amps do you not understand? What you see on your multi-meter is not real RMS power, your multi-meter is NOT an amp RMS wattage tester. It does not put a resistive load on the amp right at ohm loads and actual show proper rms wattage like an actual Amplifier dyno. The picture I showed you is not some cheap multi-meter, its actual amplifier testing equipment. With the AC voltage on the multi-meter Any amp can be overdriven to a high voltage however if you put an oscilloscope to actually show the signal, it wont be clean at that voltage.

You have people with 5000 dollar amp testing equipment showing boss amps only doing 1/10 of the power thats on the sticker and thats a consistent number throughout ALL boss amps being tested, yours is no different. You need to stop being dilusional about your amp making 400 RMS because its only making 50-100 at best.

today i had a bit of time and just retune my sistem

max power of the amp is around 725watts 50hz tune problably clipping (no sub conected so i dont know haha)

same tune (50hz) sub conected before clipping around 460 watts

the first test max power no sub i think the amp is at 4 ohm cuze no subs maybe go the preset of 4 ohm if some one know what resistence a amp works with no subs i like to know

if it is 4 ohms is a bit more tha the brand say, (675w factory vs 725w tested) its clipped power but just for fun lol if it is at 2 ohm without sub conected is a bit low (1350w factory vs 725w tested)

but the main point is i getting around 460 watts clean not bad for a amp that cost me about $50 and at the end is the power i need cuze my sub are 400rms

maybe one day i upgrade all of the sistem and the i get something nice, at the time when i put this set up toggether i was unemployed, now im working for a wille maybe who knows i upgrade it

today i had a bit of time and just retune my sistem
max power of the amp is around 725watts 50hz tune problably clipping (no sub conected so i dont know haha)

same tune (50hz) sub conected before clipping around 460 watts

the first test max power no sub i think the amp is at 4 ohm cuze no subs maybe go the preset of 4 ohm if some one know what resistence a amp works with no subs i like to know

if it is 4 ohms is a bit more tha the brand say, (675w factory vs 725w tested) its clipped power but just for fun lol if it is at 2 ohm without sub conected is a bit low (1350w factory vs 725w tested)

but the main point is i getting around 460 watts clean not bad for a amp that cost me about $50 and at the end is the power i need cuze my sub are 400rms

maybe one day i upgrade all of the sistem and the i get something nice, at the time when i put this set up toggether i was unemployed, now im working for a wille maybe who knows i upgrade it
What do you not understand? To get wattage you need voltage AND amperage.

Your amp is 150 watts tops. I’m sorry. There are plenty of boss amps being tested. With real test equipment.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

i did his.. and this guy proves that works and its a good way to get close to what we want to be the target power, in my case about 400w
check it

For this to work your amp has to do rated power. Yours does not. Not even close.

What do you not understand? To get wattage you need voltage AND amperage. Your amp is 150 watts tops. I’m sorry. There are plenty of boss amps being tested. With real test equipment.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

For this to work your amp has to do rated power. Yours does not. Not even close.
you apparently don't now ohms law. voltage^2/impedance=power

i did his.. and this guy proves that works and its a good way to get close to what we want to be the target power, in my case about 400w
check it

i do think that amp may do 250rms which is more than others believe but with ported boxes u also have box rise (which is why most of us run more power than subs are rated at even twice as much) bigger the box more rise u have... so subs only get about 1/2 the power amp puts out because most of the time instead of 2 ohm your amp is actually running at 4 ohm because of rise so u could just be putting 40-75rms per sub.. ***** things so expensive there.. what amps do they have pioneer, rockford fosgate, ppi (a 600rms of any of those) would be massive improvement over what u have..

i do think that amp may do 250rms which is more than others believe but with ported boxes u also have box rise (which is why most of us run more power than subs are rated at even twice as much) bigger the box more rise u have... so subs only get about 1/2 the power amp puts out because most of the time instead of 2 ohm your amp is actually running at 4 ohm because of rise so u could just be putting 40-75rms per sub.. ***** things so expensive there.. what amps do they have pioneer, rockford fosgate, ppi (a 600rms of any of those) would be massive improvement over what u have..
did not know about box raising, thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

realy expenssive man

i work ful time job em i get about 540 euros a month after tax

check this link is a nice mtx amp in the cheapest store i found here on portugal and it cost half of my paycheck

MTX RT1000.1D

i have bills to pay fuel food and stuff so i cant expend like this ... most of the brand u have there they do not exist here

did not know about box raising, thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
realy expenssive man

i work ful time job em i get about 540 euros a month after tax

check this link is a nice mtx amp in the cheapest store i found here on portugal and it cost half of my paycheck

MTX RT1000.1D

i have bills to pay fuel food and stuff so i cant expend like this ... most of the brand u have there they do not exist here
Maybe you shouldn’t be worried about car audio at this time in your life.

Or just forget this entire post and enjoy what you have until it blows up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

-------

-------
Portugal (europe)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
-------