Removing wires/pins from Pioneer harness

Participant count
  • Participant list

mstrjon32

Hello all, I'm installing a Pioneer PRS80 and I'm trying to remove the speaker wires from the harness, since I won't be using them. I'm not sure how to get these out and I've already spent considerable time messing with it. I'm assuming that I must somehow release the clip from the front, in the center part of the connector, but I just can't get them to let go.

If anyone has done this before, any help would be appreciated. I hate to have unused cables cluttering things up.

IMG_1998.jpg

You must understand, I am quite pedantic about these things.

It should be possible to release the wires from the connector in such a way that they could be reinstalled later. It's quite straightforward with the "molex" style connectors, they can be snapped in/out of a harness, but I'm not sure about this connector from the Pioneer...

CRXBMPN: Thanks for the link, but that seemed to be a different type of connector. On this one there doesn't seem to be any way to push from the top to loosen the pin.

I had some dinner and a few beers and came back to it, only to break one of the pins. With that out of the way, I just went ahead and pulled the rest of them out using a pair of pliers. Little buggers, glad to have them out of my way!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.