Wiring my component speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

psychokilla

I bought the T2652-S components and I am having some issues wiring them. The crossover has 2 outputs one for the tweeter and the other for the sub, it also has 2 input for tweeters and sub. My dilemma is if I get an amp with 2 channels would I need a 2nd amp for the subs? If so, then I would need two amps, one for each crossover. Doing this would make it 3 amps total I would use, 2 for the components and 1 for the subwoofers.

The other scenario would be connecting them straight to the stereo, but how would I wire that? It has 2 inputs (tweeter and sub) per crossover. Would I just wire the stereo to the tweeter input? or sub input?

Thanks in advance.

(here is a link of the component)

Rockford Fosgate T2652-S (T2 652 S) 6-1/2" Power Component System

they have bi amp capabilities which is why there are two inputs. There is a way to change is from bi amped to single amp to power both the tweets and the mids. Not sure if there is a jumper inside the crossover or not but check the owners manual for that. If there is a jumper just put it in the proper spot for single amp otherwise jump the input of the crossover so that both the tweet input and sub input recieve signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.