removing deadening black stickiness

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
What can i do to get off 2 little spots on my brand new white paint? I wasnt thinking and set my deadening roll on the car and i have a few black sticky spots. Is there something i can use that will make it come off easier? Will the time i am leaving it on there make it harder to get off? Just curious i got a brand new car and already ****ed it up. PLEASE HELP

haha no dude.. its the old " it removes itself trick"

take a lil piece of deadener and stick it to the piece on your paint and pull it off

kinda like how you would take playdough off of a tile floor

i have a white truck, and this works everytime, even if you get it on your windows haha yeah i did

well i hope it works. I will try tomorrow, but i actually rubbed it in a little and smeared it because i freaked out. I will have to get it off sometime this week. I cant drive it until monday for insurance reasons so i plan to get the install complete and hopefully a nice detail inside and out before monday! Wish me luck.

haha no dude.. its the old " it removes itself trick"take a lil piece of deadener and stick it to the piece on your paint and pull it off

kinda like how you would take playdough off of a tile floor

i have a white truck, and this works everytime, even if you get it on your windows haha yeah i did
Try this first. If that doesn't work or leaves a residue, try car washing soap and warm water or some of that tar remover designed for car paint.

If there is still residue, this is the way to go. Be aware that you will have to wash and wax the area after using clay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.