remote wire not holding voltage

13.1 is a little high depending on what kind of battery it is. Maybe your voltage regulator is bad...If you have someone hold a dmm on ur battery, then rev your motor, if the voltage keeps climbing as you rev, your regulator is bad. You might be sending 16 plus volts into your car/electronics, I would check it asap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nevermind, I did not read post about it only doing it when you crank the music. Sounds like the amp is going into protect possibly.

what size wire do you have going from the amp to the box to the sub. if the wire is to small it can cause this. my sub use to do this, it will play till the bass hit then cut off then play then cut off. try it change your wire and see if it work's for you it did for me.

IIRC ground it, it has a 12 v remote input, and two 12v remote outputs. I had a similar problem a while ago. installed this and haven't had the problem since.
run it to the deck im guessing.

i have 16 gauge wire at the subs they played perfect in my bros car

Is there any way you can pull that amp out, and put in another and run a quick test?
i have a 4 channel but then ill have to rewire my subs.

im going to try my amp in my bros car.

anybody ever stop to think the head unit could be the problem? I have a pioneer that for some reason only sends about 6 volts out of the remote wire.
i replaced the hu with brand new 1

its over i rule the amp as defective

i connected it to my brothers car it did the same thing

even though it did it a little worse(crappy connections)

i retested the subs on his amp no issue

changed my decks ground to chassis no change

amp is crap hoping its defetive(thinking of ordering a ap1500d to replace it)

amp audiopipe apsm1300

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.