remote wire not holding voltage

lilboom
10+ year member

Car stereo for fun
ca
a few days ago when running 300@4 ohms a certain volume i would get a scratch like sound coming though my subs. i tightened my battery connections problem solved.

now that i turned the power up at max listening volume my amp will stop feeding my subs power when the bass pulls at highest level.

i checked my voltage ar the amp not dropping below 13.3

but my remote wire is @12.8 -12.4 car on and when the bass drops and the amp stops feeding power for that time my remote wire drops to 11-10volts i just bought a new deck same issue

i changed my remote to a higher volt wire same issue .

sounds like something slightly touching

all connections are tight and i ran it wit the car off same issue

where are our crossovers at? i doubt its the issue but if you got your high pass set set wrong you might be hitting bass your amps not letting the subs play, or your voltage is dropping which you said its not.. its not the remote.. that just feeds signal... thats the reason its thinner than spaghetti.. I know another guy that put his cd player in himself and just taped the wires rather the sautering or crimping and when hard bass would hit it would shut off and stuff like that.. sounds odd

my deck is stable

O/2 gauge today same issue

does it on low notes also

does it with the car off

replaced everthing

but battery

and amp

my deck is wire twisted dbl checked deck stable

got a new voltage reading today droped low 12s..11.9

stock battery do you think a 2nd battery will do it

i will replace or add a 2nd

thinking of a kenitk or yellow top(may try yellow top tommarow)

A second batt will help you keep the voltage up. Alt would be the best option but if broke like me then batts will have to do.

best batt for the $$$ is going to be deka's. 2 9a31's for the price of 1 hc2400. 9a31 and the 2400 both have almost the same exact specs just at 1/3 the price.

Also, might wanna think about going bigger on ur wire. 8awg is not that big.

Just a little FYI, the voltage drop in your turn on wire isn't due to too much current flow (which would be reason to run thicker wire). Very little current flows through the amp turn on lead, that is reason lead wire is the size that it is. There is absolutely no point in using any thicker wire on it.

I would check and make sure your ground wire is not lose, and if it isn't lose I would think about running it all the way to the neg terminal of your battery, rather then grounding in to the vehicle if that is the case. Also, if your ground/power wires are too close to the lead wire it may cause interference, but your running farely low power, so they would have to be pretty close for it to be an issue.

0/2 gauge wire

and im only going to be running about 1000watts rms max if that .

im haveing problems where im at so im trying to fix this issue. it wont let me tun more power.

im thinking my deck ground,its usint the factory harness

if not battery or amp

thing is only the subs do it not the door speakers, which are directly to the deck.I hope i dont have a bad amp

the issue was worst until i tightened my battery connections .but conneccted dirctly to the battery with the the car off samp issue .

yes only when volume is canked /pulling most power

bass boost off

subsonic around 20

lpf around 70-80 set with dmm

gain set with dmm

deck settings flat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.