Starting fresh and need Help :S

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThatNewGuy

Ky
I've just recently bought 2, new Volfenhag 12" Dual 4-Ohm 1200Ws.

Im the greenhorn when it comes to setting/configuring and matching equipment for audio systems hahaha. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif I would really appreciate any help I could get on what kind of Amp would be a really good match for these subs. I've done some reading and Im thinking about a RF T500 - 1bD, monoblock. (P.s if it makes any of a difference I plan on buying a ported enclosure)

The other question I have is whats the deal with wiring? I have no idea how this works, ive looked at diagrams and it looks really complicated. What all will I need to install these subs with amp/enclosure?

Thanks again for any help, im sure you all get sick of answering stupid questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

that rf amp would do ok, but youll be underpowering the a bit, not saying that is a bad thing but they wont perform to their best.

i hate to say it because ive suggested it quite a few times but an aq 750.1 will give your right at the power your looking for at 1 ohm,

and i would suggest you not buying a prefab box. if you have the skills to build your own box i can do you a box design that will let those play to their fullest potential.

and to wire those 2 subs down to 1 ohm all you have to do is put the positives and the negatives together. series is a little more complicated than that but if you get the right amp you wont have to worry about that.

X2 on what bryan said. Only thing I would add is instead of spending the money on buying a prefab just build your own, its not too hard and ill even throw together a design and a cutsheet for ya.

i would suggest you not buying a prefab box. if you have the skills to build your own box i can do you a box design that will let those play to their fullest potential.
Thanks guys for the info, and Phoenix that would be very helpful if its not to much trouble, my dad would be able to help me with the box construction.

send me a pm with the max dimensions (HxWxD) an what car that it will be going in, and ill hook you up.
Ok thanks again Phoenix, and it might be a day or 2 because one of the cars I haven't purchased yet. Ill try and find the trunk dimensions on google.

ok sounds good.

and its an 05 mustang coupe, but Im considering putting the system in my parents car until I get it. That would probably be a big hassle with all the wiring though, thats my only concern.

ok sounds good.
and its an 05 mustang coupe, but Im considering putting the system in my parents car until I get it. That would probably be a big hassle with all the wiring though, thats my only concern.
Not really if ur just gonna use ur parents car for a lil while then just run the wires on top of the carpet. Just dont do the door jam wire run take a few mins and go threw the firewall. Once you get ur car will be easy as cake to remove and leave no damage behind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.