Remote wire issues-Polo 9n

Participant count
  • Participant list

Danielg135

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

My first post here. I recently purchased a 12inch active subwoofer.
I have to my understanding set everything up correctly.

I have a Sony MEX-N5100BT head unit and wired the blue remote wire onto the blue/white striped REM out wire.

When the radio is switched on the amp does not switch on.

I have checked using a multimeter the continuity of the positive cable and have power to the subwoofer and continuity across the remote cable.

From the head unit the blue/white striped wire had a negative polarity of -0.4v which seemed bizarre.

Head unit works fine with speakers and everything else.

Just not quite sure what to do. Is it an issue with the head unit, the wiring loom etc....

Any advice much appreciated!

Try using another 12V source for your turn-on wire. One that is controlled by the ignition switch. I have tapped into the power wire for the radio. You can also tap one of your power outlets if they are controlled by the ignition switch.

Try using another 12V source for your turn-on wire. One that is controlled by the ignition switch. I have tapped into the power wire for the radio. You can also tap one of your power outlets if they are controlled by the ignition switch.

Managed to get it working now. Seemed to be a ground wire issue when I must have moved the Sub. All tightened and fixed now.

Thank you very much for the suggestion though and help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.