remote turn on need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
so I noticed my sub will thump right when my radio turns on the sub thumps or when my blinker is on or when my hazards are on they thump with the beat of the clicking of the blinker.. I'm running 2 amps 1 4 channel and a Mono. I asked a guy at the shop and he said to check my signal wire. he then said I should try using the cigarette lighter for the signal which I didn't really understand I'm also reading that people use 1 wire from the head unit then splits it at the first amp then jump to the other amp..
1c56c7e5859c69fdac4568f01cef4dfe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

so I noticed my sub will thump right when my radio turns on the sub thumps or when my blinker is on or when my hazards are on they thump with the beat of the clicking of the blinker.. I'm running 2 amps 1 4 channel and a Mono. I asked a guy at the shop and he said to check my signal wire. he then said I should try using the cigarette lighter for the signal which I didn't really understand I'm also reading that people use 1 wire from the head unit then splits it at the first amp then jump to the other amp..

your head unit's remote out must be busted. I'd find a cheap on and off switch and wire the relay to a power line instead. Keep the switch off when you turn off the car. When you turn on the car and the head unit is running, then turn the amps on. OR buy some quality amps that have a built in soft delayed turn on feature.

so i remember i had a shop bypass my factory amp that powered my 6 speakers and 1 bose subwoofer. but as a took off the remote turn on off my amps the speakers were playing music without my 4 channel or my mono connected..does this mean the factory amp is still in play and looping or something? shouldnt my speakers not play if my remote turn on is not connected to my 4 channel because the 4 channel is not on?

Sounds like the factory amp might be the problem, if the shop previously bypassed/tapped into wire leads. Find that amp and disconnect the harness. Leave a mp there but figure out what color wires go with speakers and such. I would look at the back of the HU too and connect the remote wire to the amps to diagnostic the issue at that point.

thank you for the response. its hard to look into another person job and see what went wrong. im going to another shop to see what they tell me ill let them know your guys input

This is a long shot.. are you sure someone didn't connect your remote turn-on to the turn signal fuse?

I don't think so but I'll go check it out tomorrow hopefully all is good after tomorrow it's been a problem that's been annoying before it was here and there it would happend and I had a crappy sub now I have a better digital design I don't wanna blow it

You shouldn't get noise from the remote wire. Only way is if it was turning your amps on and off. If it's just noise from blinker and when turning car off and on then I'd say your getting noise on your rca somehow. May need to ground your rcas on your head unit....it'd not a pioneer is it...those are the worst for rca noise. Lastly please join For The Love of Bass on Facebook which I admin and we have lots of people there who might be able to help over 21k people all over the world

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You shouldn't get noise from the remote wire.
You cannot get noise from the remote wire. That noise is coming in through the RCAs either from bad RCA or from the head unit. If you have a cheap amp it might be coming from a bad ground, but my suspicion is the head unit.

Unplug the RCAs at the amp and you can rule out the amp and its power and ground wiring quickly if the noise ceases.

so it turns on the ground wire wasnt tightly secured to the headunit so the hairs would touch random things or just a bad ground in genereal for the head unit

thank you all for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.