Focal Speakers

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
Looking into some of last yeas Focal component line up and needed help sorting them from lowest to highest as this year the Focal line up has changed and cant fine anything on there website. And would any of these be a good choice over the Alpine Type R and Rockford Fosgate T2 components?

165 V20 - Focal 6.5" 70W RMS Polyglass Series 2-Way Component Speakers System

P165-V15 - Focal 6.5" 140 Watts 2-Way Component Speakers System

165 VB - Focal Polyglass 6.5" Component Speaker System

PS165 - Focal 6.5" 2-Way 80 Watts RMS Component Speaker System

165A1 - Focal Access 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers

Also check out Morel, Rainbow, Dynaudio, Helix.. Whatever company you go with, just don't pick the lowest model. Something mid tier and above. Instead of getting caught up with brand names, focus on install and sound staging. Proper deadening, placement, good wiring, gains.. stuff like that.

My buddy just bought a set of the ps 165 and we got them installed. I agree with blazian87, more about the install. I must say that on the ps 165 the tweets are kinda bright, and fatigue my ears but I can see it easily fixable. He likes it like that for some reason though

Earlier this year, I purchased a set of Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components. I, also, looked at a similarly priced set of Focals (don't remember the model, although). The Focals were much more harsh in the upper end. The Morels have a very smooth and natural sound, yet being very crisp. Detail is amazing with these speakers. I now hear things in my music that I never did with my previous front state (Kappas). I can listen to my music very loud, now, for a long period time and I never get ear fatigue. In addition, after I turn off my system after listening to them loudly for a long time, my ears are NOT ringing! But, even more surprising was the bass response from the midbass drivers...pretty deep and very punchy! I strongly suggest you check these out. Oh, by the way, I did deaden the doors and I have no doubt that helped tremendously with the bass response.

There is a build log buy a guy on diymobilaudio.com (Google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review" and you will see the link) who used these Morels. He talks a lot about them. Read this build log.

One last note, when I listened to both the Focals and the Morels at the car audio shop, neither one sounded all that great on the sound board. But, I was prepared for that, as I read numerous reviews by others stating that the Morels sounded 1000% better in the car than from the sound board at the shop. And, they were right!

I looked at the hertz and didnt like it too much except for the hi energy XL or the millies. Just checked out the Morels and looks like the Maximo 6, Tempo 6, and Tempo Ultra 602. So I'm deciding from the links below what you think will sound the best. Type Rs are the cheapest as I can get them for $150 a set

165 V30 - Focal 6.5" Component Speaker System

Maximo 6 - Morel 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System

Tempo 6 - Morel 6.5" 2 Way Component System

Tempo Ultra 602 - Morel 6.5" 120W RMS Tempo Ultra Series 2-Way Component Speakers System

I looked at the hertz and didnt like it too much except for the hi energy XL or the millies. Just checked out the Morels and looks like the Maximo 6, Tempo 6, and Tempo Ultra 602. So I'm deciding from the links below what you think will sound the best. Type Rs are the cheapest as I can get them for $150 a set

165 V30 - Focal 6.5" Component Speaker System

Maximo 6 - Morel 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System

Tempo 6 - Morel 6.5" 2 Way Component System

Tempo Ultra 602 - Morel 6.5" 120W RMS Tempo Ultra Series 2-Way Component Speakers System
What do you mean you looked at the hertz? did you listen to them or?

Generally the most expensive will sound the best if your just looking at 2 brands. Id choose morel over Focal.

They are out of stock but you can get them elsewhere. id recommend these, IMO the best for the money speakers.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12260_JBL-P660C.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.