remote cable

Participant count
  • Participant list
can you use and cable as a remote cable coming from your head unit to your amp?
The remote wire on the back of the Hu/head unit is usually Light Blue with a white stripe, and is used to attach to the remote turn on for an amplifier or after market addition. When attached.. When you turn your HU ON or OFF the amplifier will do the same. Just about every HU on the market these days utilize that color wiring for the Remote. I recommend using 14ga wire or 16ga. Either will work just fine, but I like 14ga and use

Yeah not sure what you mean by "any cable"

If you mean, Any SIZE cable, - it's a very small amount of power needed for that wire, that is just a switch. You should be able to find in the manual, but usually its just about 100-300 millivolts. You COULD use as small as 24awg, but using wire that thin is incredibly brittle and delicate having only a few strands. When you run a wire that thin from your head unit to the amp, there is a good chance you could break the strands and never know. Most will suggest between 14awag-18awg. Not because you need it for the current, but because you need it for it's physical size, so you can work with it. I use 16awg, and a 50ft roll is only about 5-10 bucks.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...