Remote bass/gain control...

The OP's wording clearly indicated a gain controller, not bass boost. *shrug*
What? Read it again - very carefully. Nowhere in his thread does he say 'gain'. The only place the word gain is used is in the title, and that is after 'bass/'

What? Read it again - very carefully. Nowhere in his thread does he say 'gain'. The only place the word gain is used is in the title, and that is after 'bass/'
Look, you want to argue such a petty point? Okay, I'll play along.
If you want to play this game, he never said bass 'boost'. He only said gain once, in the title? That's one mroe time than he said 'boost'. I guess you missed that.

A gain attenuator knob would/could easily be called a 'bass gain knob'. In fact it usually is called that. A bass boost knob.... never would be called that in a million years. What, because it had the words "bass" and "control" in it, that automatically makes it a bass boost controller? Think again. Clearly you do not realize the popularity of gain knobs on the market today, or apparently what they are called.

If you want to play this little word game to avoid admitting such a simple mistake, you are going to have to try harder.

Show me one person that calls their remote bass boost a "remote bass gain controller" and I'll show you one idiot that doesn't know what they are talking about.

I have an IA 20.1 for the sub, I use the remote gain for a specific purpose ..... I set the gain relatively high, then keep the gain knob alomst all the way down for SQ comps. When I get it tuned, I will use the knob to do SPL comps without really having to change anything. It's really just another gain or sensitivity control.

P.S. audioholic - don't waste your time, there are plenty of idiots on here that will argue about pretty much anything - it's not worth the effort

Show me one person that calls their remote bass boost a "remote bass gain controller"
Well to me 'remote bass knob' means remote bass 40-100Hz boost, not a gain adjustment. That's just a difference of interpretation and to say one is an idiot for thinking so is just pompous.

And in the case of the OP's amp, the rockford t5001bd, if you would have looked it up his remote is a 0-18DB boost to the 45Hz frequency, not a gain adjuster that you are arguing with me about.

Well to me 'remote bass knob' means remote bass 40-100Hz boost, not a gain adjustment. That's just a difference of interpretation and to say one is an idiot for thinking so is just pompous.
Well, you assume.
And, he didn't call it a 'remote bass knob'.... did he? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Even if he had called it that, which he didn't, that could mean either style. I guess you want to pretend he never said 'gain' in the title,nor never once used the term 'boost'.

If you think I called you an idiot for a misinterpretation, or called you one specifically, at all.... then you need to re-read what I typed bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif But Im so super sorry if I hurt your little feelings. The internet can be a cold dark place, huh?

And again, Im only arguing this petty point because you wont let it go. You really should have.

And in the case of the OP's amp, the rockford t5001bd, if you would have looked it up his remote is a 0-18DB boost to the 45Hz frequency, not a gain adjuster that you are arguing with me about.
You don't pay attention very well, do you? Let me refresh your memory, from page 1...
If you weren't talking about a bass knob, what were you talking about? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
While this amp does have a bass boost (I looked heh), more and more amps these days are have remote gain knobs instead. The OP's wording clearly indicated a gain controller, not bass boost. *shrug*
So, you want to keep this petty little argument going, or slink away yet? Cuz I can keep this up forever.

Have a nice day.

hey i know most people dont recommend these, but i have one with my amp and i want to install it just to have it.
anyways its a rockford t5001bd, i ran the wire for the remote bass knob today and when i connected it, there was no power to it..? any ideas why? thanks in advance....
OP's first post.

I'm done

OP's first post.
I'm done
Yes, and again that could mean either, couldn't it? And you assuming it meant a bass boost is you ignoring the OP's title, isn't it?
Of course you are done, you know you can't win. Slink away, like you should have done on page 1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.