Relay help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

L1ttlet

CarAudio.com Regular
So after daisy chaining my 2 amps and 2 volt meters off the same remote wire, my 4 channel will shut down when a certain volume is hit.
I now realize that I need to get a relay. I've been researching relays. There are 4pin- 8pin maybe more. What is the point of all the pins. I understand
Pin 85- to ground
Pin 86 - to remote turn on from headunit
(Or u can switch the two with no effect)
Pin 30- to +12volt connection
Pin 87- to accessories desired to run
What is all the extra pins for?????
Do I need to fuse the wire going to each amp from the relay at like 5amps???? If not why?
I want to run my cooling fans off of it and probly leds in future.
So a 12 volt 4pin 80amp should suffice- 2 5amp draw cooling fans
2amps
3 stinger voltmeters
Plus leds.
I'm pretty confused as why I'd want 80 amps going to amps or even 5-amp cooling fans and not fuse the wire- do I fuse between relay and accessory ran?

The last time I bought a relay, I just went to Autozone and bought a aftermarket fog light relay kit. ( I think it was made by Blazer ) 30 amp relay with wire and a fuse holder for less than $10.

Yes fuse your relay.
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 11.11.13 PM.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.