Reducing noise in factory system

Participant count
  • Participant list

ladysmanfelpz
10+ year member

Phoenix
Can it be done?  Can you improve grounds and help reduce it, or is it usually due to the internal electronics of your factory stereo?

I drive a 2007 accord coupe, and only thing I've done is some new speakers, sound deadening, and installed a bluetooth integration unit. So basically I notice a lot of noise in my system when the volume is up where I like it, about 3/4 max, and there isn't anything playing.  It seems to go away when it is playing however.  Where it gets really annoying is having a conversation on the phone, cuz when you are talking and they are listening, so there is nothing coming thru the speakers, this annoying 'hiss' starts to creep up.  It always comes on like that, usually slowly, but gets pretty loud.  Soon as they play something, it will go away, stop and starts to creep back up.  

I just thought of this today, but when I reset my blutooth connect (it has a reset button in the glovebox) it usually makes a pop and the noise goes away, then resets and its back to its thing.  White noise hiss isn't that noticeable at low levels, but like I said when I get to normal listening values its pretty bad without music playing.  I dunno if it did this before the iSimple connect (thats my factory integration bluetooth unit) as all I had was radio so there was always music playing.  Actually now that I think of it, I think it was there with CD's when switching between songs, but not entirely sure.

So I want to take it to a local shop to just check it out, but wanted to check here before paying them.  Is this is a problem that can be remedied without replacing stereo?  What would they do, just replace grounds?  It would be nice to get it worked out, because then my system would actually be pretty decent, and then I can start looking at options to power my speakers.  

Thanks everybody. 

hey there. 

unlikely it will be corrected by a dealer.  noise is part of the gain structure of electronics.  if the noise is audible and annoying with each source then you know it is a problem with the amplifier chip.  if it is with just one source than it is likely before the mixer and part of the affected system.   I would expect some noise from BT.   If you have noise on CD, try a test CD with a 0-bit track.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.