Redoing my wiring

Participant count
  • Participants list

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey im going to be redoing my wiring and doing 2 runs 1/0 to back amp rack distribution block and aldo putting in h/0 alt.

Two batteries under hood.

Can I run EVERYTHING off the second battery? Both 1/0 runs, all my alt and extra grounds ?

Or is it better to split it up?

Thanks

Last edited:
It does not matter just as long as the other battery is in circuit. I would run a ground and power(obviously) connecting the batteries.
Thank you, yes ofcourse I'm going to run power and ground from each, plus a ground from each to the frame..

Just wasn't sure if it was a better to run half to one battery and half to the other lol.

I'm just just run everything off my 2nd battery, big 3, extra grounds, and my 2 runs of 1/0 to back amp rack.

Thank you

Just curious, why 2 runs to the rear? I had thought 1 run of 1/0 ofc will handle up to 350amps? And for what it’s worth, my alternator is wired to my battery of course, but my run of 1/0 runs to the rear, right off the alternator. Connected to my lithium, then I have 2 runs from it to my md5000.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.