Redoing my Door Panels, 2 AA poly mids per door and suede (Pics)-soon

How wide was the piece of suede that you got? I got some from my grandma, who's an interior decorator. It was around 36"w x however many yards. You get real suede or faux suede?

i cant remember if i got a good pic of the third color that im using.

its heavily a work in progress, and i dont know just how long it will take o finish it all, but i do have all the stuf that i need so....

lets do this

ill give a full breakdown of what im doing later on, once i get the whole color scheme figured out.

hate it or love it, LMK

-Robin

once again, i dont have that much finished just yet.

im gonna need lots, id say about 7 or so not including the seats.

anyhow its about 54 inches wide, and its the real deal, the black is liz claiborne, and the other is signature series with feggler of the year christopher lowell.

etc

etc

so, i did my headliner awhile back, and i love the way that it came out, so i decided to take it a bit further.

overkill?

you be the judge

that dome light piece was originally stock tan/brown, and i painted it black.

Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture112.jpg

that is the third color that ill be using, it looks white, but it isnt. its bone/ivory.

Picture113.jpg

this is the senter piece of my top panel of my door. will post a stock pic soon enough.

mini-100_3995.jpg

mini-100_3996.jpg

yes, i am well aware of the wrinkles.

i think im changing it to black, but im not to sure.

it was my first time laying suede, and i was given terrible advice.

anyhow it will be removed/replaced.

You'll love that set-up, but why 2 tweeters per door? I run 2 AA mids with the XT tweeter and LOVE it. Much like an MTM home theater speaker, so really no need for the extra tweeter.
I run the mids BP 80Hz - 2500Hz and the tweets 2500Hz and up. Seems to sound nice there. I've crossed the mids as low as 60Hz. Liked it more on some songs and not as much on others. 80Hz seems to be decent for everything I listen to.

My install is pretty ghetto though. Aluminum panel is covering the hole left by my old JBL 3way comps. One mid is behind stock grill, so everybody thinks I'm running a normal comp set. Polk grill was slapped on temporary for a trip across country as I didn't want the GF to mess up the mid when she was sleeping in the pass seat. Probably going to pick up a new set of door panels and glass them both in with the tweeter once the weather gets nice.

1001146ci4.jpg
i dont like the way they sound in the midrange, and the tweets are to help w keeping up w the wall.

ok...after I typed how wide mine was it seemed really small. What I got was 54" or 48" wide, i can't remember. $20/yd isn't that bad of a price for real suede, especially for the width of it. I think I may have paid around $30 for 2yds, but I've got a hook-up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.