Recommended sub for an upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was thinking maybe getting the box I linked you and try it out but someone people tell me it might not be a good idea since ported ones need to really be to spec to sound fine across the whole hz range and recommend just go with a sealed pre fab.
Thats a piece of sh*t box designed by monkeys that will neither get loud or sound good. Too low on port area, no where near enough airspace, cheap flimsy thin wood. AKA garbage.

If you go with a sealed prefab, do a single 15 instead. You want the cone area increase to balance out the major output loss.

Yes sorry. I was speaking about the page with that sound ordnance box.
Because some people tell me it will only sound good with prefab ported box at certain hz of bass.
Thats because you guys only have experience with sh*t designed prefab boxes. A properly designed ported will play wider frequency range much louder than sealed but you need the box to be designed and built by someone who knows what the fk they are doing, not these chimpanzees that design these all these online pre-built ported boxes.

My comment from before showed how big the box really needs to be in order for subwoofers to perform and how big the port needs to be for the subwoofer to breath and not get strangled.

Only reason to run sealed on low power is if you plan on running a lot of cone area like three 12s or two 15s then its worth. if not, custom ported is the only way to go for real output and sound quality.

Sure go ahead.
Just to be clear, with a ported box tuned for a certain HZ, like to me, will it be much louder at that frequency? I do listen mostly to rap and hip hop, but every song is different no? Sometimes it would be higher than 33-26hz?
a ported box will just have a peak on that frequency but will still play the rest of the sub-bass frequency range which is 20hz to 60hz. Most rap music doesnt go any lower than 30hz so tuning any lower than that is pretty useless. However tuning to 33hz or something will still allow you to play from 28ish hz up to 60ish hz just fine due to cabin gain(just some car audio physics sh*t you dont have to worry)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.