Recommend 4 speakers + sub + amp for my 1994 F150

Participant count
  • Participant list

stevef22

CarAudio.com Newbie
Recommend 4 speakers + sub + amp for my 1994 F150. Budget for speakers $500, Budget for amp(s) $500

Please help recommend 4 speakers, sub and amp for my truck. She's a 1994 F150 I restored. Single Cab, Short Bed.

Head unit is a Sony MEX-N5300BT I added a few months ago. Also added about 100mil of fat mat sound deading in all interior.

I want a shallow 8" sub that goes behind bench seat.

Not much of a bass head, just want really clean mid range sound. Same goes for door and rear
speakers. Just want really good midrange, not ear piercing highs.

If you are
recommending component speakers... where is best position of tweeters? In dash pointing up at windshield?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7550.JPG
    IMG_7550.JPG
    825.6 KB · Views: 248
Recommend 4 speakers + sub + amp for my 1994 F150. Budget for speakers $500, Budget for amp(s) $500

Please help recommend 4 speakers, sub and amp for my truck. She's a 1994 F150 I restored. Single Cab, Short Bed.

Head unit is a Sony MEX-N5300BT I added a few months ago. Also added about 100mil of fat mat sound deading in all interior.

Not much of a bass head, just want really clean mid range sound. Same goes for door and rear

If you are
recommending component speakers... where is best position of tweeters? In dash pointing up at windshield?

Thank you!

O.k., I'll give this a shot. Speakers in stock locations and one amp. The sub is a shallow 10" that fits behind the seat without obstructing the seat. Plus, it's a vented box. Front 6.5", rear 6"x8" and one 10" shallow sub in a ported box and a 5 channel Pioneer amp. $760 total for all of it.

Screenshot_20200719-225449_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200719-225551_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200719-230237_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200719-230444_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you are

Thank you!

If you've got the means an enclosure made from basic MDF will be superior to anything you can get shipped for the same price, allowing you to get a better subwoofer or subwoofers than Bobby recommended. You could likely get more surface area by measuring the exact fit behind the seat and seeing if a 10" will work, other than that maybe multiple 8" in a single vented enclosure.

Would then be an option for you. (wired to 2 ohms) or
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0167KQX9S/?tag=caraudiocom-20 x2
or
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JQTU434/?tag=caraudiocom-20 x2
Depending on what would fit.

The speakers he chose are pretty good, I'd say those or anything from Focal, Hertz, or JL are safe bets. Other decent options would be anything from the Polk Audio DB series which would help your budget fit better subwoofers since they're cheapish for the quality that you get.

Something else to keep in mind is that sound deadening your doors might do more for your sound quality than new speakers will. If you find that you don't like the sound of the new speakers (usually lacking a low end bass response) or there's too much rattle going on after you push more wattage into the car it's a good idea to start thinking about that. In newer cars you can usually increase the sound quality of door speakers more by spending money towards basic deadening than middle-range aftermarket speakers for the same price. In your truck's case you're probably best off replacing the old factory ones first since they didn't used to put as much thought into them as they do now days.

I’ve a 1996 f150. I installed a comp set in front doors. Tweeters high up on sail panels. No speakers in rear on sides. Amps mounted under seat. I started with a t-line with two 6.5”. Was really impressive. Although my box depth was only 5.5”, still made for an uncomfortable seat position. Bottom was perfect but as the box rose to the window line, couldn’t put my seat back. Then I went with a few different 8’s, same things, hinder seat from going back. Last I tried a sundown sd-3 10”. It was ok, I had it ported and is made popping noises ad mid volume. Guess I should have tried it sealed but I was after output.
So, I decided to get the volume I’m after, I need to resort to bucket seats and ditch the bench.A week ago, I picked up the mounting bracket that will allow for me to install bucket seats. Once I find the seats I like, I will then build me an enclosure between the two seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.