receiver problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

TIGERFOR2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ALBANY,NY
I have an old school receiver. The old HEAVY silver ones. Dont reall know the name brand. Where the name is it looks more like chinese writing than anything else. The problem is when I turn it on most of the time it wont come on. It will power up the fade in and out. If you let it sit it will pop on. Or you can keep turning it on and off then it will pop on. What could this be?

It sounds like it is just simply broken...

There could be too many different things wrong to list. But here are some of the 'top' ones I can think of. Power supply, amp driver circuitry, the brain or controller circuits are fried.

BTW, you aren't going to be able to take it apart and look and see which part is broke. It's probably a diode that's passing both ways when cold or a resistor that's jumping resistance or most likely a transistor that isn't stable anymore.

It's what I call a ghost problem, and finding it and fixing it is about as hard as catching a ghost....

You dont understand. This thing has so much power. I can shake the house 1/4 of full volume. I brought it from a salvation army in Leesburgh,VA about 10 years ago for $35. I have been looking at Onkyo and Yamaha surround systems lately.

Wow I didn't know the receiver shook the house, I thought that was the speakers... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Wow I didn't know the receiver shook the house, I thought that was the speakers... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Big arse heavy ones do when you drop them... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so, there's no sticker on the back or bottom to say where it's from/who manufactured it?? maybe you should open it up and see if you can find some sort of sticker from the company or something

B&W EE I have two 12's and two 10's in my room. Two 15's in the living room and to more 12's in the basement. All 8 speakers have NEVER shaken the house with the receiver turned off! Wise ass!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.