Rebuilding the prototype

couple things

just saying most single 15's with a 3k in a daily tune build meter right around 143-145

157 with 4 18's and 8k is hardly a bad score. especially for a musical setup, in a c pillar, in a suv...

just spouting off "this dudes 2 18's are as loud as your 4 18's" is hardly comparing apples to apples

i do look forward to seeing what you can do with the new woofer.

couple things
just saying most single 15's with a 3k in a daily tune build meter right around 143-145

157 with 4 18's and 8k is hardly a bad score. especially for a musical setup, in a c pillar, in a suv...

just spouting off "this dudes 2 18's are as loud as your 4 18's" is hardly comparing apples to apples

i do look forward to seeing what you can do with the new woofer.
back in the late 1990s and earily 200s we used the bnK meter at the big shows which was actually 1DB down from the termlab when it first came out. 8 15s in a wall with 4k tuned to 28 was doing 157 on the b&k this was in a van and was a 3rd row wall so to speak. 4 lunar 2200HCs on 8 elemental design k 15s. that was about 15 years ago.

back when loyd lowery and nick and the boys where on the scene doing mid 150s with single drivers i done a 153 legal on the b&K at a triple pointer in Lafayette with ONE 9515 and 2 punch x7s. again about 14 years ago. if i was older than 17 id be shocked. i even have pics of my with the 9515D. it was they first batch of D series woofers. i think that was in 03.

147 is actually a good score for a driver with a 86db 1w1m and just being in the trunk no tuning not to mention one of the best subs I've ever heard.

The new driver cuts out alot of mass and has alot more cone area and alot stiffer suspension. It is still built on a platform built for low distortion so its still not a purpose built SPL woofer but more of your typical street beat woofer that people would normally use. I'm gonna tune it a-bit higher and get the phasing much better this time around. phasing in trunks are tricky. last time i did a small trunk build firing to the side port back did nicely. I'll give that a shot and see how it does.

Dude 157 on 7k is legit. In theory that's a 160 on 14k which takes tons of people 20+k rms on 6+ drivers.
where i'm from thats weak.

people are doing those numbers with half that power.

when was the last time you went to a show? you are not far from me..

last show i went to a guy i know from Lafayette was doing a 155 mecca with 3 18s and 4kw.

no this guys car peaks at 33hz. ill give you his fb if you think im lying
And I'm a cpillar. I'm not going to argue with you... sure there are some people louder then me. But I'm the loudest cpillar on 1 amp I've ever encountered.

And u can't even break a 150 on 7k smh

And I'm a cpillar. I'm not going to argue with you... sure there are some people louder then me. But I'm the loudest cpillar on 1 amp I've ever encountered.
And u can't even break a 150 on 7k smh
because no one competes c pillar another guy from here has 4 ampere 12s with a SQ 3500 doing 154.. id wall my car off but then you would sau its not C wall.. blah blah blah

no this guys car peaks at 33hz. ill give you his fb if you think im lying
157 on 3.5k peaking at 33hz? On a musical setup? Somehow I doubt that. Maybe in a CRX with a burp box.

You think guys like Greg Corbin or Kyle Rutheford would run 9 15s or 12 12s on 30K+ to get over 160 in a musical setup if they could wall off 2 subs on 10k and hit the number?

because no one competes c pillar another guy from here has 4 ampere 12s with a SQ 3500 doing 154.. id wall my car off but then you would sau its not C wall.. blah blah blah
We all have been waiting like two years for you to put your money where your mouth is and beat my 158.6db... u can have a b-pillar and u still won't get that loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.