Rebuilding the prototype

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
wkHzzHU.jpg

9wTidar.jpg

The first driver was built strictly to sound good and have a ton of linear displacement that was able to do mid 140s at one ohm with a 3500 and high 140s with double the power. Still one of the best sounding woofers i've ever heard. Very realistic. Very transiant, very natural. Only downfall is that design was lower sensitivity that's normally measured at 1khz although it was extremely sensitive below 40 Hertz I still managed to do nearly the same number at both 38 Hertz and 50 hertz so there was no lack of top-end just a lack and overall efficiency. that's what happens when you get wide bandwidth and low distortion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif at least untill i build the prequal to this driver which will improve the sensitivity without sacrificing anything but it's going to be extremely costly and tricky.

This particular coil is about 75% as long and slightly thicker. Xmax falls from 34mm to 22mm. This is still within Target in intended application and it still uses 10in Progressive spiders so it Still Remains a very linear driver .At this point i focused on lowering the mass increasing cone area while increasing the current carrying capability of the coil.

This gave me 2db higher 1w1m sensitivity rating and will give slightly less power compession at tuning and near the xover..

Same score from 38hz-50hz lmao... 12hz bandwidth wow that's some magic. Also u said u double power meaning 7k and only got high 140s? That's a joke bro
you setup is a joke. 157 with 8k and 4 18s. not to mention you didn't even build it. you spent like 6k and can't break 160. They have a 21 year od here with 2 lvl 6 18s and a SD 4kw doing thse numbers. lol

new woofer will be dual 1 ohm and set up to meter better. put your money up i break 150.. im not building fart boxes or SPL woofers. they sound great first getting loud is the icing.

you setup is a joke. 157 with 8k and 4 18s. not to mention you didn't even build it. you spent like 6k and can't break 160. They have a 21 year od here with 2 lvl 6 18s and a SD 4kw doing thse numbers. lol
new woofer will be dual 1 ohm and set up to meter better. put your money up i break 150..
Bro my best is 158.6db from cpillaron one amp. All U got is the same come back and it's sad. U order woofers from china... we have been waiting acouple years now for you to put your money where your mouth is and u still have nothing at all! U can't even break a 150 with 7k power haha. My truck right now does 156db+ on music on one vital power 700.1

Bro my best is 158.6db from cpillaron one amp. All U got is the same come back and it's sad. U order woofers from china... we have been waiting acouple years now for you to put your money where your mouth is and u still have nothing at all! U can't even break a 150 with 7k power haha. My truck right now does 156db+ on music on one vital power 700.1
Never seen any proof.

you're delusional 157 with 7K on 4 18s is terrible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.