rebuilding a subwoofer

so where should i start? any advice from an experienced builder like you would be more than welcome. would it be good to start with a junk sub and work from there?

As long as you are able to find the coil that fits the brand doesn't really matter. Just don't over pay for some off brand type of driver.

where is a good place to buy parts? are the coils interchangeable?
Splaudio

fixmyspeaker.com

maybe you will get lucky and find some stuff on ebay

No not all coils are interchangeable. That would make things too easy on people ha

can you build your own coils?
Unless you had like 50 chinese kids in your basement that could wrap up the copper no you cant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

My vehicle also has Bose as the premium option. The same thing was said about climate control for the RX 8. A previous owner replaced the HU...
dragon.breath, Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have...
To do this magic, should the microphone always be kept in the driver's seat or on the dashboard?...since that is where it must go in phase with...
LOL. Ya man. Its been busy. Im off today, but got stuff to do around the Casa.Be a Great sub man, and very nice amplifier. If you can swing a few...
Open screw holes sound like a little muffler, loose box panels sound like a massager on a wooden table.

About this thread

optimusprime

10+ year member
roll out.
optimusprime
westbrook, ME
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date