rear stage vs front stage

I don't get why people say a rear stage is pointless my rear stage blends so well that if your eyes are closed and just the mids/highs are playing it would be hard to pick out, its all in the processing and time alignment of the speakers in my opinion
I agree. I really like rear fill, I just didn't have enough channels to attenuate it until now. All u really have to do is low pass it and fade it out till its barely there. Even without T/A u can make it sound decent. My stage is still centered and now i have better ambiance and stage depth. I know T/a would perfect it though.

I agree. I really like rear fill, I just didn't have enough channels to attenuate it until now. All u really have to do is low pass it and fade it out till its barely there. Even without T/A u can make it sound decent. My stage is still centered and now i have better ambiance and stage depth. I know T/a would perfect it though.
I liked the crisp clean sound you had in the videos you made, I'm sure its better in person but agreed some ta could only improve the sound, I think alot.of.your system has to do with them tweeters

I liked the crisp clean sound you had in the videos you made, I'm sure its better in person but agreed some ta could only improve the sound, I think alot.of.your system has to do with them tweeters
Thanks man. I'm really not huge fan of my current tweets. They sound nice for the price though. I really want to do pillars with my tangbands and my LPG tweets to get rid of this beaming effect I have now. But idk if I want to do that major a mod yet. I also got an offer to be sponsored by this local shop but in that case I have to choose one brand and stick with it throughout the system....just weighing options. But for now, it sounds very good. I love it.

the OP isn't talking about rear fill. he's wanting more sound to come from behind than in front.

we used to do this a lot back in the 80's and 90's. we were happy.

having full range rear speakers can sound good to most people. rear full range 6x9's are still hugely popular.

having stock speakers is why your system is not making you happy.

the OP needs to replace his front speakers with a good component set, seal his doors, and put a good amp on them before he does anything else. that is always step #1. you can get plenty loud with a nice set of front speakers. adding more speakers usually make the sound worse because you get to many arrival times which results in cancellation and phase interference.

but only after you get the front speakers set up well, do you add rear speakers to see how they affect the overall sound.

adding rear deck speakers will suffer distortion from being pressurized by the subs.

what exactly is it that you do not like about your system?
i cant get anything to sound right on it i mean it's probably because i have everything stock except the subs and also am in desperate need of some dynamat cause when i really crank it it can get hard to breath, but it's just kind of agravating so i keep trying to think of ways to fix it, and trying to save up the money to do it while i'm bored out of my mind drawing up all these crazy schematics and plans for my system.

thanks for the input though
Everything is stock except your Subs and Amp? Thats your problem.

Anything can be loud it just won't sound good.

Whats your Budget?

Amperage rating of your Alternator? Normal Non-Audio Amperage Load?

Battery Size?

Sub/Sub Amp Brand? How are they Wired? Whats there Amp Load on your Car?

First you need to know your cars electrical system capacity and then work with that and your budget. If you put amps and speakers that are too powerful your car will never sound good unless you upgrade your electrical system which is big $$$.

When you work that out, we can look at speakers, amps and different installation techniques.

Everything is stock except your Subs and Amp? Thats your problem.Anything can be loud it just won't sound good.

Whats your Budget?

Amperage rating of your Alternator? Normal Non-Audio Amperage Load?

Battery Size?

Sub/Sub Amp Brand? How are they Wired? Whats there Amp Load on your Car?

First you need to know your cars electrical system capacity and then work with that and your budget. If you put amps and speakers that are too powerful your car will never sound good unless you upgrade your electrical system which is big $$$.

When you work that out, we can look at speakers, amps and different installation techniques.
umm i've made a lot of changes since this post but i'm still having a lot of problems

as for my battery and altenator it's all stock i can try to find out some specifics and get back to you but idk it;s an 02 cavalier if that helps

as for budget i'm a kid in highschool with no job that's broke so not a lot lol if that helps any

here's what i'm running right now i have a kenwood head unit with one set of 2v rca outputs i've got a cheap set of monster rca's running to a jl audio 500 watt amp with a 4 guage monster amp wiring kit for the amp as well the amp is powering 2 jl audio wov3's rated for 300rms each in a ported enclosure. i have 2 clarion 6x8 2 way coaxial's i believe are rated for 35rms eac along with 2 motorolla piezo tweeters in my front(not sure on the ratings for them) they're only being powered off my kenwood head unit so i guess they're splitting 22rms each which is 11 rms per front speaker. in the back i have 2 infinity kappa 6x9 2 way coaxials i believe are rated for 110rms each they were being powered by the head unit but i attempted to add a 4 way jensen amp and since then i've had nothing but headaches. i had some extra 4 guage wire left over from my power wire so i tapped into my power wire and ground now both the power wire and ground split off with one end going to each amp i did the same for the remote turn on. i'm not positive but either i screwed up some where or only the 2 front channels work on my jensen i'm not sure on the specifics but i know each channel is capable of puting out 90rms at 2 ohms and i have the 2 front channels powering the 2 infinity kappa's in the rear now i wouldn't be too unhappy with the set up like this infact it doesn't sound half bad even with the infinity's running off the kenwood's 22rms per channel but since i've hooked up the second amp first off when i turn my car on i hear an alien like sound coming out of my infinity's(only way i could think of describing it)music still plays but the sound will not stop also after i turn the volume passed a certain point the subs and 6x9's start sounding flat they still move and with the 6x9's now too almost blows my trunk off but they don't produce anything that sounds like real sound if that makes any sense at all. also when the volume gets past that point my lights start going bezerk to the beat of the music. oh i think i forgot to mention i used a really cheap pair of rca's from walmart to go from the jl amp's rca output to the front channel rca input on the jensen(have another pair of rca's as well same brand but i figure no use using them on channels that don't work)

sorry for so much but i think i got just about everything i know about and have done for my system right now, any suggestions or if i've done anything wrong from what info i've provided please let me know it would be very much appreciated

Could be a bad amp. Some Jensen amps have been troublesome for me over the years, most were prone to noise.

Don't worry about a loud system until you can afford a loud system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.