Rear speakers not working could this be a reason?

Participant count
  • Participant list

frankarizpe

CarAudio.com Newbie
So my rear speakers aren’t working , not sure exactly why I was thinking it was cause they aren’t connected somewhere but then I seen that the ground wire I think looked kinda burned , could this cause my rear speakers not to work ?

So my rear speakers aren’t working , not sure exactly why I was thinking it was cause they aren’t connected somewhere but then I seen that the ground wire I think looked kinda burned , could this cause my rear speakers not to work ? View attachment 22274
I would recommend cutting that burnt section out and making a more solid connection and secure to start with. I wouldnt think that would be the issue. but anything is possible.I would check all speaker connections while you have that HU out.The Green and Green and Black wires, and the Purple and purple wires.. the White and white black wires,, and the Grey and Grey black wires to see if all connected properly. May be the time to re-wire/ connect them if you are not using an amplifier for the front or rear speakers and no RCAs connected in the front or rear outlets on the HU.From the pick .. it looks like you have a set of RCAs?? What do those go to?? An Amplifier? EQ?How is the system wired up? What HU/Radio do you have and or Amp/Amps?

Actually
I would recommend cutting that burnt section out and making a more solid connection and secure to start with. I wouldnt think that would be the issue. but anything is possible.I would check all speaker connections while you have that HU out.The Green and Green and Black wires, and the Purple and purple wires.. the White and white black wires,, and the Grey and Grey black wires to see if all connected properly. May be the time to re-wire/ connect them if you are not using an amplifier for the front or rear speakers and no RCAs connected in the front or rear outlets on the HU.From the pick .. it looks like you have a set of RCAs?? What do those go to?? An Amplifier? EQ?How is the system wired up? What HU/Radio do you have and or Amp/Amps?
there isn’t any amp the head unit I have is a Kenwood ddx719 , when I bought my 2011 Silverado the owner pulled out the amp and I’m not sure where to look to see if he maybe unplugged some wires. I checked the door speakers and they’re connected . The wiring to the HU seems normal , it is also connected to a onstar device . But no subs and no amp. Should I unplug something ?

Actually

there isn’t any amp the head unit I have is a Kenwood ddx719 , when I bought my 2011 Silverado the owner pulled out the amp and I’m not sure where to look to see if he maybe unplugged some wires. I checked the door speakers and they’re connected . The wiring to the HU seems normal , it is also connected to a onstar device . But no subs and no amp. Should I unplug something ?
Download the Manual and follow installation instructions for wiring speaker diagrams.

Make sure no RCAs are plugged into the back of the HU as there is no amplifier.I would check to see if there are any rear speakers at all. If so, may need to access those and check wiring to see if Disconnected ect. Check color code wire match at the HU of the four colors i recommended . There should be a wiring diagram on top or bottom of the HU to tell what wires to be connected for use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.