Adding a powered sub with no open outputs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Negative Ghostrider

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all. I'm restoring a 73 Datsun bulletside truck. It came with an am radio and one 4" kick panel speaker. That's obviously not going to cut it. I have a 2 channel amplifier and a pair of coaxes for the kick panels. I am leaving the stock radio in for period correctness (and theft deterrence) and I will just connect the amp to my phone with an rca to 3.5 adapter or a Bluetooth interface. I know I will want to add some low end but there is absolutely no room behind the seats for anything besides a super slim under seat powered sub (less than 4" depth). My question is what would be the best way to get signal if I add the sub? RCA splitter from the phone cable or take a high level feed off the amplifier speaker outputs? Thanks.

Hi all. I'm restoring a 73 Datsun bulletside truck. It came with an am radio and one 4" kick panel speaker. That's obviously not going to cut it. I have a 2 channel amplifier and a pair of coaxes for the kick panels. I am leaving the stock radio in for period correctness (and theft deterrence) and I will just connect the amp to my phone with an rca to 3.5 adapter or a Bluetooth interface. I know I will want to add some low end but there is absolutely no room behind the seats for anything besides a super slim under seat powered sub (less than 4" depth). My question is what would be the best way to get signal if I add the sub? RCA splitter from the phone cable or take a high level feed off the amplifier speaker outputs? Thanks.
These will do the trick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.