Rear speakers crackle

Participant count
  • Participant list

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
Background: Rear speakers on stock stereo didn't crackle

Rear speakers on aftermarket stereo crackle at much lower volumes...

So, it's more quiet and it crackles like crazy, aftermarket unit is a Pioneed Double Din

No bass boost, EQ is flat, even with HPF Set to 200hz + it crackles and sounds like crap, all connections were soldered and heat shrunk.

For now I've faded the rears out as much as possible, running my front components on a 100 x2 rms amp and they sound absolutely fantastic, much better than the previous Polk DB's and CDT's I was running. New set is JL (Don't remember which ones atm) but they sound great and get very loud on the power if I want them to.

I've double checked all connections including ground and speakers, any help would be greatly appreciated. Vehicle is a 2007 Scion TC with the rear speakers being the stock Pioneer ones that came with vehicle.

Edit: I'm also under the impression there is no stock amp for the speakers, so I don't think that'd be an issue.

Could be a pinched connection issue somewhere else. Or it could be the rear output channels of the head unit are bad.
It's a brand new headunit... but that's very possible. I might take it out and have it swapped.

I want something else anyway because it's impossible to read anything in daylight. I know I've needed a tint for a while but dang this thing is so dim it's annoying. Brightness at night is bright - even with the dimmer on. Might be display type against the sunlight.

Any double dins that are active capable to your knowledge?

It's a brand new headunit... but that's very possible. I might take it out and have it swapped.I want something else anyway because it's impossible to read anything in daylight. I know I've needed a tint for a while but dang this thing is so dim it's annoying. Brightness at night is bright - even with the dimmer on. Might be display type against the sunlight.

Any double dins that are active capable to your knowledge?
most of pioneer's double dins are active capable now.

Use the Aux to RCA test for your rear amp channels to make sure if its the head unit or something else. Maybe have some spare speakers lying around and test them on the rear channels of your amp. If its still good then its definitely a connection to your rear speakers or your rear speakers having issues.

most of pioneer's double dins are active capable now.
Use the Aux to RCA test for your rear amp channels to make sure if its the head unit or something else. Maybe have some spare speakers lying around and test them on the rear channels of your amp. If its still good then its definitely a connection to your rear speakers or your rear speakers having issues.
I'll do some tests tonight... I really should do some digging around and find a better unit though - this was something I picked up at Best Buy since they didn't have anything remotely good it was the best I could find. Next time I'll have more patience and order it elsewhere.

I'll do some tests tonight... I really should do some digging around and find a better unit though - this was something I picked up at Best Buy since they didn't have anything remotely good it was the best I could find. Next time I'll have more patience and order it elsewhere.
keep the head unit and get a soundstream harmony dsp for 200 off ebay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.