Advice on high powered 6.5's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
My Rainbow 6.5's are falling apart after 4 years of 200 watts. I need to replace them. I'm going to just keep the crossovers and tweeters, I love the way everything sounds in general.

I was thinking something like the Sundown NeoPro 6.5's. Any advice for me?

NeoPro V2 Series

Looking for more midbass but still good enough sound quality at high volumes.

Get rid of the crossovers and run the mids and tweeters active. Those crossovers are not even remotely optimized for an entirely different brand of mids, especially a PA style mid.

We've been talking about the crescendo UN-65 since they came out recently and I've heard good results. They seem to fit better in a 6.5 than the pwx-6.5 - shallower mounting depth and smaller basket flange.

I wouldn't expect as much midbass out of a 6.5 PA mid vs a traditional speaker due to their inherent design but when you're running 200+ watts per speaker most non-pa drivers can't handle it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.