Rear speaker suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
Ok so I know that in most cases rear speakers aren't recommended, it's all about the front stage. However in my case I drive a Toyota Avalon, mainly bought it because it's great for long distance road trips, and I plan on installing a monitor/dvd player in the rear headrest. My wife and I also take turns relaxing in the huge back seat while the other one drives. So, I need some rear speakers since there will actually be people sitting in the back.

Now, up front I have the CS 265P VANADIUM RAINBOW 6.5" PROFI COMPONENT SPEAKERS, which I bought for almost 50% off. I don't really want to drop that kind of money on the rear speakers. So my question is what kind of rear speakers should I get? Should I stick the Rainbows? If so, what model?

Thanks for any info in advance!

I don't really have a budget, but don't want to spend a lot of money like I did for the front stage.

What exactly is the "sound" line for the Rainbows? I have heard people rate the sound line as 6/10, and the Vanadiums as 8/10.

I currenlty have (unsed) CDT Audio CL-61A 6-1/2 with a hifonics zx amp, giving them 85 watts each and 340 watts to a IDQ 12 sub.

The amp is rated at 4 X 85 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms

4 X 170 Watts RMS into 2 Ohms

2 X 340 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms

How does the "sound" line of the Rainbows compare to the CDT AUIDO CL-61as? I don't have much experience so I can't really rate the CL-61s, don't know if they are a 4/10 or 8/10 speaker.

generally, you'll want the same speakers front and rear for tonality purposes, but if youre not really going for a competition SQ setup, then I'd say just go listen to some nice budget sets and see which you like, Boston Acoustics comes to mind...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.