Rear deck & front spkrs VS front only

Dun! Dun! Dun!  Starting the kick panels, they are not the same size "sigh" and I did not want two different sized enclosures for the mid range.  I just used cardboard to "fill in" the area to make it closer to the size of the passenger one and then braced it with more cardboard behind it, attached to the back of the panel so it would have some stiffness.  The driver side panel only goes back so far because of the foot rest pedal that is there.  I can not use the pedal once the pod is in anyways so just removing it so I can get both of them roughly the same size.

Having fun so far!  It has definitely been a while since I made anything with my hands, but I am enjoying myself.  Just excited my little project is finally underway lol !                                                                     IMG_0373.JPGIMG_0374.JPG

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing good!  Running into a problem and have not found too many great answers for it online.  I have the layer of fleece and resin done over the kick panels.  When I was laying mat on for the first layer of glass I was getting a TON of bubbles everywhere.  Tried rolling them out, popping, moving the glass around some, etc etc with no success.  I basically stopped at this point as I will probably need to sand it all back down there is so many.  Using the same products as I did for the base, same hardener amount and everything.  Seemed like no matter what I tried it would not prevent, fix or change the amount of bubbles that were popping up.  Any suggestions on this?  I am kinda at a loss on what to do as I do not want to mess up all the work I have done so far.  I had some problems with some bubbles doing the mold but not to the point it is like now.  I got one here or there etc but was not worried about them being solid, now at this stage I am lol.  I would greatly appreciate ANY tips that may help me out lol.  Started on the doors as well.  Man those Anarchys are HUGE lol.  Currently building baffle rings for those and seeing what I need to do to the door panel itself.  Looks like I can maybe just cut out the speaker grill area on the panel and use some bondo up around the baffle stack and have it blend in with the door.  I will try to include a few pics of what I have done so far.  For my first time doing it, I have learned a lot already.  Not bad though for my first time I think.  Let me know any ideas you guys have on the bubbles please!!  Thanks again!!

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.