Rear car speakers get too loud and distorted

FrizeR

CarAudio.com Newbie
Israel
Hey guys,
I got a Rockford P400-4 for the front speakers (Focal) and the subwoofer in the back.
In the rear I have JBL woofers connected to my head unit (JVC-kw-v21bt) that get way too noisy.
I tried messing with the Fader but it ruins the balance between the tweeters and the front woofers.

Post image
Is there any way to turn the rear speakers down a bit?
Thanks a lot.

Have you tried experimenting with the loudness, speaker select, and equalizer settings? I have the KW-AV61BT unit and used a separate amplifier for the woofers.

Hey guys,
I got a Rockford P400-4 for the front speakers (Focal) and the subwoofer in the back.
In the rear I have JBL woofers connected to my head unit (JVC-kw-v21bt) that get way too noisy.
I tried messing with the Fader but it ruins the balance between the tweeters and the front woofers.

Post image
Thanks a lot.
Turn the gain counter clockwise on the amp for the rear speakers. This will limit the signal that goes into rear channel amplification.

Hey guys,

Post image
Thanks a lot.
Fade it a little more to the front... that's what I do

Can you read? He clearly stated the fears are on the hu. I would play with the hpf on the hu, it should have a built in crossover.
Yes they are, but that four channel amp has separate gain controls for front and rear channels. If I read correctly, he is using front channels for front stage, and rear channels for subs. So if fading throws off the listening pleasure as he stated, then his best bet is to turn down the gain for the subs, which I understand are drowning out the front stage.

Can you read? He clearly stated the fears are on the hu. I would play with the hpf on the hu, it should have a built in crossover.
Oh, I see now what you mean. What I understand is that he has subwoofer output connected from his radio to the amp's rear channels. So fading will not help because usually subs are not on the fade circuit.

Wait... Cotrell is right. What do you mean by woofers. I never heard subs described as noisy. Loud, boomy, rattling, filling loosening yes,but not noisy. How is your set up connected?
Front components -> powered off the amp
Subwoofer -> powered off the amp
Back JBLs -> powered off the JVC head unit therefore being louder than they should be at normal volumes

Front components -> powered off the amp
Subwoofer -> powered off the amp
Back JBLs -> powered off the JVC head unit therefore being louder than they should be at normal volumes
I see. It is odd that the head unit has more power than the amp. Try raising the gain on the front channels on the amp. If that does not work, try connecting the rear speakers to the amp's front channels as well. The amp is rated 4 or 2 ohms per channel, so there is no danger of straining the amp. Also, when you drop resistance(ohms), the amp usually doubles the output power. So lower the volume before starting.

ditch the rears, set your gains right. heres how. the test tones are at the bottom...

Jvc voltage can also be Inconsistent out the deck preouts and it could be the amp.

1. check voltage out front preouts and rear speaker inputs on hu.
2. check front speaker rca connections to ensure they’re good
3. Check voltage out the amp rca’s.
4. Ditch rears
5. Ditch rears

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.