RE8 single boxes ported?

i am making the enclosures myself. the price for those boxes and an amp rack covered in vinyl and with the plexi top for the amp rack for 160 bucks.... hell no am i gonna pay that kind of money for that. i'll spend 60 bucks for the material to build the boxes and buy 2 more RE8s before i spend that kind of money on that box... haha... but then again i dont think imma need 2 more 8s. there isn't a lot of room in the hatch and my parents want the spare tire accessible. so imma stick with two.

i am making the enclosures myself. the price for those boxes and an amp rack covered in vinyl and with the plexi top for the amp rack for 160 bucks.... hell no am i gonna pay that kind of money for that. i'll spend 60 bucks for the material to build the boxes and buy 2 more RE8s before i spend that kind of money on that box... haha... but then again i dont think imma need 2 more 8s. there isn't a lot of room in the hatch and my parents want the spare tire accessible. so imma stick with two.

Jmac, do u know how they perform sealed? imma build two boxes for now: sealed and ported. it's a very small trunk and it's a hatchback. 1992 nissan 300ZX 2+2 so sealed MIGHT do it....MIGHT. if not then i could always make a ported one with the info you guys provided. thanks

I had mine sealed before I ported them. Maybe a little better in sq., but the amount of out put you will gain from having them ported will make you not care much about that little differance in sq. It was like adding another sub once I ported them. There 8s, you need to get it's full potinetal. Got ported with the RE8s.

i thought that the single voice coil 2 ohm RE8s were dicontinued, b/c thats what they sent me haha. oh well, it works out, making it actually easier for me to wire. so i will go with the ported boxes. they will be perfect since im in a hatchback. it'll be loud enough for me, im pretty sure of that. thanks guys for all your input. and dupuis i like how you did the enclosure in your truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.