Re xxx components? anybody heard them?

pike110
10+ year member

indiana
I searched on here, but it doesn't look like anybody has actually heard them. They look pretty badass, but I'm not real sure they would sound that good. I can pick up a set locally for pretty cheap, but don't want to waste the money if they are junk.

I searched on here, but it doesn't look like anybody has actually heard them. They look pretty badass, but I'm not real sure they would sound that good. I can pick up a set locally for pretty cheap, but don't want to waste the money if they are junk.
From what I've heard the mid bass is loud as hell on these but the over all clarity is not that great. I've never heard these personally so I can't say for sure. But based on the appearance and build of the midbass driver I would say they're more geared for getting loud than sounding great.

xbl^2 drivers. they did average in the midbass showdown. Still good for the average person.

what is cheap???

wait, new or old? get a pic.

i have never had a complaint about my xxx mids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

they are a bit better suited for a three way set up though, and i do believe that they come in a two way set up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i have never had a complaint about my xxx mids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
they are a bit better suited for a three way set up though, and i do believe that they come in a two way set up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
You could always buy a 5.25 or a 4" midrange and use it in a 3 way active system.

I can get them from a buddy for 200 bucks. He bought them and doesn't want them anymore. I thought that was a pretty good deal even if they are not the most sq oriented components.

I can get them from a buddy for 200 bucks. He bought them and doesn't want them anymore. I thought that was a pretty good deal even if they are not the most sq oriented components.
sounds a little steep to me.

NVM. I was told that they are LOUD. Very loud. 200 for the componnet set is dirt cheap. For the midbass drivers, thats steep...

That is cheap for that set up. I sell RE and of course use them. I have my xxx set up in a nonactive 3 way set up. Love them. Yes the midbass is the most impressive part of the set but when you are running 4 15's off 13,200 watts you need loud.

yeah, its for the component set, not just the mids. R/T how would they sound if I just ran them in a 2 way set up. Would it seem like something is missing or would it work pretty well. I listen to rock/alternative music... korn, tool etc. I am running polk sr6500's now, but I don't expect them to sound as good as the polks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.