RE re components and 6x9s on same amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SenateS684
10+ year member

SD
Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to car audio, I am just trying to learn.

I've been looking at installing a new sound system in my 2000 sunfire. The speakers in the front doors and 4x6s and on the rear deck 6x9s. After searching for awhile, i've started to wonder about using the RE re components in custom fiberglass kick panels, then some new 6x9s in the back on the rear deck. Is that a wise decision? I know with the RE components I would have to use a amp to power them. Would I be able to run the RE components and the 6x9s off the same amp?

my goal is not incredibly loud music, just great sounding music...with of course a nice subwoofer (Still debating between a single SE, SX, or XXX)

sorry if this is in the wrong forum, it was either this or the amp forum...but I figure I could be completely wrong on the speaker setup alltogether

Thats a good start. I wouldn't recomend running the 6x9's off the amp. In a car that small you really wont want them loud anyway, so deck power would be fine. RE Comps would be a good set to start out with, if you are stuck on some sort of a budget check out profile amps at http://www.thezeb.com. But basically don't amp the rear fill.

Thanks for the input, I really appericate it.

Got another question to add on to the list...is it even worth it using kick panels? I know they are suppose to make the sound imaging better, but is it worth it in a car that small?

EDIT: After reading some more about kick panels, I think I am going to pass on them. I don't want to have to worry about leg room in a car that small.

Right now, in my opinion, it seems like alot of work to have a little better sound imaging. A100ish for the comps, 100+ish for the amp and wiring, etc. Will it really be worth it to upgrade to comps? My brother told me to simply upgrade the 4x6 speakers if you're going to be listening to that much bass. Any opinions? (sorry, I keep changing my mind... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif )

Well I wouldn't choose speakers based on how much bass you will have coming from your subs, its really different frequencies. Comps can sound a million times better, or in some cases worse compeltely depending on where and how they are installed. They are obviously going to be more work and more money, but in the long run I feel they are worth it. The imaging and in general the sound quality far surpasses most or all coaxials. If you are willing to spend the money and devote a weekend to it, I would say go components, if you really don't care that much about your stereo sounding really good, go coaxials. It is all preference and how willing you are to accomplish this.

components (when installed correctly) make it sound like you are sitting in front of stage, and a band is playing for you. You dont get that with coaxs

^^ that was from my experience, i guess it could differ.

might want to go with some braxials too! http://www.cdtaudio.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.