Re-Doing Box..?

I decided to Re-do my box for my 15s and I removed the middle port that separates the subs. Now Im a little concerned that it wont sound right. Can anyone tell me if this will cause any problems?

I know the box looks ugly now but when Im finished it will look like a brand new box. Im going to seal it better with some liquid nails and paint truck liner on the outside. Took me about four hour to get the carpet and glue off the box.

That looks like a total mess ..and its a prefab to begin with ..which isnt worth modifying..throw that away and get someone to design u a proper box and get someone to build it or do it urself

I second Nasty.

I have been down that road before and constantly get guys that "are on a budget" trying to get me to mod there boxes. I find it easier to start from scratch and maybe repurpose some of the wood but if thats the same crap on that box that i run into it is almost a tar base n gums up sanders. You need to make sure its glued most are only brad nailed

I second Nasty.I have been down that road before and constantly get guys that "are on a budget" trying to get me to mod there boxes. I find it easier to start from scratch and maybe repurpose some of the wood but if thats the same crap on that box that i run into it is almost a tar base n gums up sanders. You need to make sure its glued most are only brad nailed
Yea Im going to use Liquid nail to seal it and Im going to have a box built but money is tight and I had to buy three battery's and a alternator first. This box is just holding me over till I get the money up but this box will look nice when its all done. I still have to finish sanding and painting it.

So will I have any problems with the removed port? I just broke out the the board in the middle of the port that separates the subs air movement.

No matter how much time u waste making it look good ..its performance will still be shlt...spend that time amd money wisely towards you.re new box..not trying.to bust ballz but fixing up that box is.like fake **** on a 80 yr old ..pointless

don't use liquid nails, it *****. Use wood glue to glue wood and caulk to seal the seams...

only problem you will have is better airflow thru the port. There is NO reason to do that middle divider piece. I NEVER build them like that.

don't use liquid nails, it *****. Use wood glue to glue wood and caulk to seal the seams...
only problem you will have is better airflow thru the port. There is NO reason to do that middle divider piece. I NEVER build them like that.
It was a prefab box lol .period

I know a custom box is better lol and Im going to have one made but I just spent over a grand on battery's and a alternator so its going to be a bit before for I can have one built so this is the only box I have. When its all done it will be ok and liquid nail is very strong. I been using it for years and if its strong enough to hold up a wall im sure it will be just fine for this box. I will post the pics when Im done.

That is a lot of work going into a pre-fab enclosure.
Why not take the time and just build a custom enclosure?
Because It would be a few hundred and Im low on cash after buying battery's and the alternator. Plus I have to have the box built anyway cause I dont have the equipment to built a box. Im having my box made by dave the box guy. This box is just to hold me over for a few weeks. I have only spent like $50 to fix up this box.

Because It would be a few hundred and Im low on cash after buying battery's and the alternator. Plus I have to have the box built anyway cause I dont have the equipment to built a box. Im having my box made by dave the box guy. This box is just to hold me over for a few weeks. I have only spent like $50 to fix up this box.
With 50 bucks u could have bought a sheet of wood n start building custom

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.