RE Audio SR Might be the worst I ever heard.

You cant just throw a sub into a box and expect it to sound good unless that box is the right size for the sub.
The manufacturers provide Thiel/Small specs for a reason.
No way man:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Or maybe something is wrong with your reading and understanding? I said one was bad in my second post? Brain fart much?
No, something is wrong with YOUR logic.

If you knew for a fact that one was bad, why would you make a thread denouncing RE as a company and claiming them to be "the worst sounding subwoofers you've ever heard". That's just being an *******.

That's like saying "Aww man this amp is ********... it fried before I even got to play it. Terrible build quality."

"By the way... did I mention I switched the neg and positive leads."

Well dipshit, I didn't know one was bad when I made the thread, they were checked and worked at the pawn shop. I hooked them up and listened to them when I got home and they sounded like ****. I jumped the gun by not checking them out before posting, but whatever...anyway they are still not a great sub imo. I am sure by looking at the way it is made that the higher level RE Audio is some good stuff but their lower line is at an OK Sub, at best.

UMad?

Well dipshit, I didn't know one was bad when I made the thread, they were checked and worked at the pawn shop. I hooked them up and listened to them when I got home and they sounded like ****. I jumped the gun by not checking them out before posting, but whatever...anyway they are still not a great sub imo. I am sure by looking at the way it is made that the higher level RE Audio is some good stuff but their lower line is at an OK Sub, at best.
UMad?
just did one in my bosses jeep. 1.35 cubes ported at 35hz. sounds pretty good. not sure how you can judge a sub by listening to it in a box nearly twice the size it should be.

zconf.jpg

1984 was a fairly vague reference to a book
Well, it could've been taken another way entirely. There was a big punk rock movement at the time, and the whole "f*ck conformity" phrase was a part of it.

But I'm familiar with George Orwell too.

My bad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well, it could've been taken another way entirely. There was a big punk rock movement at the time, and the whole "f*ck conformity" phrase was a part of it.
But I'm familiar with George Orwell too.

My bad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
2009 is looking more and more orwellian every day

UMad?
Lower line?

For the price, look at other 15's, and look how their built compared to the SR...

SR is more than on 'OK' sub. I got mine for 117$ shipped a peice.. 300wrms rated im puttin over 500wrms a peice to them they dont heat up one bit, they act as if they want more I just dont have the power on tap.

The SR series is one of the best entry level subs I've ever seen. But I usually put subs into a relatively decent enclosure that matches recommended specs, and I like to make sure they're functional before I start talking $hit too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.