RE Audio mx, diamond and req5 in lexus gs300

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
Been working on this set up for MONTHS now. Was waiting to get all the stuff in. Finally did, and ive been having so much trouble with the **** req5.

first had tons of engine noise that i could not get rid of. now i fixed the engine noise for full range but the subwoofer output wont put out any sound. anyways, figured i might as well start the thread, been collecting the pictures for too long.

equipment is.

stock head unit (nav)

re-q5 to clean up the sound to amps.

clarion mono amp

jbl full range amp (will upgrade later, real cheap amp. but will do for now

Diamond Audio D6 components (front/back)

12" Re MX in 3.2 @ 35 hz

tsunami cap (whack i know)

kicker 0 gauge and 4 gague wire. fosgate rca's

optima yellowtop

IMG_0001-4.jpg

What kind of trouble did the re-q5 give you? I'm going to be using a re-q in my car... heard good things so far. What problems did you have?

yes i will finish posting up the pics tonight.

ive gotten as far as installing everything and getting sound out of the components but no sub, since the sub output on the req doesnt work. everything in car is pretty much still a mess since i havnt finished.

and with the req5 i had engine noise (COULD NOT GET RID OF IT until recently) and now the subwoofer output wont work and the auxilary wont work either. i actually just got off the phone with mtx, and their supposed to replace mine, hopefully that will fix my problem. i had to call about 10 times for them to finally give me my RA number though.

what kind of car are you putting in in? i'll help you out if you need any, when i had the problems for mine it was a huge hassle finding any help anywhere online about the req5.

components:

IMG_0002-6.jpg

4" aeros for box:

IMG_0005-1.jpg

WIRING:

running 0 gauge. wasnt hard. had to run it on same sides as rcas and speaker wire though. good thing is, im not getting any noise from that. running it from front battery under the hood, to the back in trunk.

IMG_0003-5.jpg

IMG_0005-3.jpg

IMG_0006-4.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0011-1.jpg

IMG_0001-5.jpg

wiring for req5. had to take signal from the factory amp and connect it to the req5 harnest for it to take factory sound and sum it for aftermarket quality sound. sends signal through rcas to amps. the concept of doing this is easy, but it was a different story for me. first i kept getting alot of engine noise. could not get rid of it with everything that i tried! finally figured out connections were too tight! who knows how that happens, but i did rewiring and i fixed that problem.

wiring for req5. had to take signal from the factory amp and connect it to the req5 harnest for it to take factory sound and sum it for aftermarket quality sound. sends signal through rcas to amps. the concept of doing this is easy, but it was a different story for me. first i kept getting alot of engine noise. could not get rid of it with everything that i tried! finally figured out connections were too tight! who knows how that happens, but i did rewiring and i fixed that problem. took ignition signal from key igntion to turn on the req.

IMG_0007-4.jpg

IMG_0008-4.jpg

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

SPEAKERS/ADAPTERS:

stock speakers/tweeters:

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0001-3.jpg

stock out:

IMG_0007-3.jpg

IMG_0008-3.jpg

adapters in:

IMG_0006-2.jpg

new components in:

front components:

IMG_0002-3.jpg

tweetrs:

IMG_0003-3.jpg

rear components. my diamond d6's can be mounted as coaxials. so that was real usefull since i dont have any spot in my back doors to mount the tweeters separately. just take off the dust cap and i can mount the tweeters on there with an adapters. was usefull:

IMG_0011.jpg

WIRING speaker wire from trunk to the doors. managed to get all speaker wire through the factory protecting sleve things between the doors and the inside of the car. got it all through, so its neat, hidden and protected =)

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

wiring and mounting amps in trunk. was the hardest part for sure! had to mount amps against wall of car and get wiring through the carpet. was by far the hardst thing. being cramped in a trunk and trying to get my hands on all wiring and a good view angle. plus alot of the work was done at night with one flaslight, pretty hard, but i got it done. was worth it. came out alright id say. was real limted to wiring so i had to make every inch work as well as i could. some of the wiring gave me only about an inch or two to work with, and to get them into the amps, including the room it takesfor my fingers to hold the wire plus the way it was all set up, i barely had any room. really frustrating at times, but i finally managed to do it. i better not take out any of that wiring now or it will be even harder to get it all back in next time.

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

glove compartment where the req5 will go.

IMG_0035.jpg

last, here is the box. 3.2 cubes at 35hz. i know, i know. ugly paint coating. but its just temporary until i get the box carpeted. hopefully il get to it soon. paint was just leftover paint to cover the wood for now. carpet coming soon.

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.