RE Audio enclosure tool....

It's not terrible if you know how to use pen and paper to double check it before you start building. I've used it and had it be very accurate. I've used it and have it be off by a good bit. So if anything, I suggest using it to get a rough idea, then double check. Don't forget it doesn't account for woofer displacement either.

I don't think it is very accurate. It says that my box is bigger and tuned lower than it really is. You are better off using winisd and doing the math yourself.

Ok I have WinISD and have mu numbers and graphs, but how do you use the information to design my box? What numbers am I looking for.

Gain:

Phase Plot:

SPL:

Group Delay:

I see that on the subwoofer window you can change the volume and tuning frequency, vents, plot, etc.

I know what the volume and tuning is for...internal volume and desired tuned frequency but doesn't the frequency change depending on the box dimensions? EX. (not real numbers) If a 2 cf box 24x12x12 with a 2" port, length 18inches is tuned to 34hz, would the tuning be the same as a 2cf box 28x11.25x11 with a 2" port, length 18inches?

Or should I just be using WINISD for the graphs? If so what am I trying to achieve, a certain point where free meets db's?

Sorry for all the questions. I think its very interesting how people can design the boxes tuned to certain frequencies and would like to learn to do it myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.