Rattle Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Session25
10+ year member

VA
Hey, I just got my system installed! Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I have 2 12" Type r subs and a Sundown 1500D powering them. I don't think im powering them that much, probaly about half of its power right now, just to break them in. Anyway, I dynamted (xtreme) all 4 doors, and the trunk. The dynamat did pretty good with the trunk not ratteling. But the roof rattles like crazy (you can hear it inside and out). On the inside the rattling takes away from the bass (especially higher notes), and on the outside all you hear is rattling instead of bass. My question is: What's a good solution to get rid of most or all of the rattling coming from the roof? I'm on a tight budget right now. So i was thinking about getting some sort of Second Skin for the roof. If i go w/Second skin, would it do the job? and what kind would you get? or would you go with another product? thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.