Rattle from subwoofer

no actually it was the one farthest away...i ran a new ground wire today and grounded the rca' s to the frame of the hu...so far it seems to be cured butt I haven't had time to listen to it much, had to work tonight

So "gain" setting aside, (because it is meaningless).  Woofers have thermal and mechanical limits.  It sounds like yours has some mechanical failure.  Now you may be able to repair it or it may be a legitimate manufacturer defect, but if you're running double rated power to them it'll be hard to chalk it up to manufacturer defect IMO.
Yeah I didn't figure the warranty would cover it...its ok though even if it is shot it's not like I'm out a lot of dough...just time to look for diffrent subs that'll sound good in this box

check surrounds i hd to glue mine but he had fixed that problem i thought.. what is ss filter set at? should be about 30hz somewhere around 60% on our amp

Already checked the surrounds...I'm not sure about the as filter grandpa, I'll have to look...butt seems like that's close to where I set it...it's actually a little hard to tell exactly where this particular amp is set

Already checked the surrounds...I'm not sure about the as filter grandpa, I'll have to look...butt seems like that's close to where I set it...it's actually a little hard to tell exactly where this particular amp is set
believe it or not each dial has an arrow on it look for it (i swear idk it either someone told me after a yr lol) but use flat head screwdriver and make sure when it's all the way down the blade is down so look at that edge when setting it..  after sub disp (i know they ain't big) box is probably 35hz or so just turn ss ll the way up them back down a tad.. whats your gain at? figure out the dials an pm me when u see the arrows.. maybe take pic of settings it works

believe it or not each dial has an arrow on it look for it (i swear idk it either someone told me after a yr lol) but use flat head screwdriver and make sure when it's all the way down the blade is down so look at that edge when setting it..  after sub disp (i know they ain't big) box is probably 35hz or so just turn ss ll the way up them back down a tad.. whats your gain at? figure out the dials an pm me when u see the arrows.. maybe take pic of settings it works
After dispacement?.. what are you quacking about now gramps? When talking about gain adjustments or SSF settings... btw... the volume/ tune listed is after all displacements... bracing, sub, port... everything... its already at 34.5hz tuned.

D*mn subs probably just failed from typical poor quality.

If Op fixes the problem they'll probably come unglued anyways.

just been absorbing knowledge lately, dont post much here(been out the game a bit)... but your a f*cking idiot and i get sick of reading your stupid ****... 

just been absorbing knowledge lately, dont post much here(been out the game a bit)... but your a f*cking idiot and i get sick of reading your stupid ****... 
so i'm getting all this hate for telling a guy how to get an amp that we box have and that dials have an arrow wtf?

So let me get this straight, you're running 1000W to two 300W subs and you're wondering why one seems broken?
popwar told me to get 1 and run on my amp.. at least 1 guy has 2 on 1355rms hit 150.. after rise on ppi p1k they getting maybe 400rms each

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys I'm working on finishing up a 68 12hr work week do i haven't really had time to take any pics or update the thread...however after recent improvements I have only a very sleight rattle...barely audible butt still there...hopefully I'll have a little time to dig into it a little more in Monday 

I had a loose nut on a lug/Terminal that was rattling on an SA 12.I tightened the hell out of it and hit it with a shot of super glue.. let set over night and never heard a rattle again from the sub. Drove me nuts to find the issue as It took weeks to find.Puled the sub and free aired it and found the culprit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.