Rate my setup/suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DARBADARBZ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
Tacoma Access Cab

I have a Kenwood DMX4707S.
Rockford Fosgate R169X2 (65W RMS) and Kicker H631SFJ101 (150W RMS) in the front doors.
Rockford Fosgate R1675X2 (45W RMS) in the back doors and Hertz MPS 250 (500W RMS) (0.75 cu. ft. sealed) in the back seat.

Is this good? Upgrade suggestions? Did I waste all of my money?

You don't really have any power.

Your head unit is 21w RMS x 4. (It also has 2v preouts). If it was possible to return that and get something different, I would. If you can't, don't lose any sleep over it.

Those 150w kickers are tweeters. The r169 are two way 6x9s.

I really only see two options here, (unless you want a new head unit):
I would buy a 4ch amp for the front and rear doors. Something about 50-60w RMS x 4 @ 4ohms, and forget about those 150w tweeters, return em or sell em. (A different head unit could do 50w x 4 and accomplish the same thing).
OR,
If you want to get louder, the other option is to find some 6x9 mids in that same 150w RMS range. Get some crossovers to turn this into a set of components up front,

Then you either get a 4ch amp that has independent gain control for the separate channels, 1&2 (fronts), and 3&4 (rears),
OR
you get a set of 150w speakers for the rear doors and a 4 x 150w rms amp.

Get a separate amp for your sub. Its 500w RMS, and you can bump that up a little, and you can turn any amp down when you set the gain. I would find an amp in the 600w range RMS x 1 (can probably find for about $100-$150), or a little more.

Either way, you're only going to get about 50% volume out of any of this without amps.

Last edited:
You don't really have any power.

Your head unit is 21w RMS x 4. (It also has 2v preouts). If it was possible to return that and get something different, I would. If you can't, don't lose any sleep over it.

Those 150w kickers are tweeters. The r169 are two way 6x9s.

I really only see two options here, (unless you want a new head unit):
I would buy a 4ch amp for the front and rear doors. Something about 50-60w RMS x 4 @ 4ohms, and forget about those 150w tweeters, return em or sell em.
OR,
If you want to get louder, the other option is to find some 6x9 mids in that same 150w RMS range. Get some crossovers to turn this into a set of components up front,

Then you either get a 4ch amp that has independent gain control for the separate channels, 1&2 (fronts), and 3&4 (rears),
OR
you get a set of 150w speakers for the rear doors and a 4 x 150w rms amp.

Get a separate amp for your sub. Its 500w RMS, and you can bump that up a little, and you can turn any amp down when you set the gain. I would find an amp in the 600w range RMS x 1 (can probably find for about $100-$150), or a little more.

Either way, you're only going to get about 50% volume out of any of this without amps.
I have the sub powered by an old 800watt skar amp. I want a 4 channel amp, the tweeters are passive (I think that's the right word) they're wired to the front woofers. Are they really that bad to toss them?

Sub amp solved. Do this to set your gains. You can go a little over 500w with no problem.

They're not bad tweeters, you're just not going to get anything out of em right now, especially if you have them wired in with the 6x9s. Those tweeters now (after doing the voltage math), are only getting 1/3rd the power they recommended to get for optimum power/volume output. When you max out that volume knob, you're probably getting 30-40% of the volume they are designed for.

Nothings really, bad, but at least one set of speakers doesn't make sense in this setup, and you need another amp.

Tacoma Access Cab

Rockford Fosgate R169X2 (65W RMS) and Kicker H631SFJ101 (150W RMS) in the front doors.
Rockford Fosgate R1675X2 (45W RMS) in the back doors and Hertz MPS 250 (500W RMS) (0.75 cu. ft. sealed) in the back seat.

Did you already purchase all this?? If so... run what you have. Id be looking at a couple amplifiers to justify the cause

Tacoma Access Cab

I like the HU choice. Speakers??
Confused Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Umm. Better Choices out there for the $.But each to theyre own of course. I would have recommended Polk DB sereis speakers for the $. An AB sub for the $,and some amplifiers to clean it all up

Last edited:
Tacoma Access Cab

As previously stated. "More Power." I would add an amplifier that would help realize the full capabilities of the speakers. However, if you are satisfied with the current sound/setup, go for it. Afterall, you are the person that you are trying to please. Not us.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...